The Time Traveler's Wife

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The Time Traveler's Wife is just an awesome movie,and even if you are not a time-travel devotee like I am, it is still a great love story, and iit is one of those movies that you never know exactly what will happen next.
    I enjoyed the movie so well that I went on eBay and bought the book so that I could also read it; because there is just always so much more that is explained in the book that they can only allude to in the movie because of the time constraints. This is one of those rare times that I think the movie is as good as the book.
    The unusual aspect of this movie is that the main character, who has time-traveled all of his life since he was little , does not intend to travel through time, and has absolutely no control of when and where it happens, and doesn't know where he will end up until he gets there.
    He does know, however, that he will need clothes immediately. They just don't travel with him, and that can cause some unexpected problems.

2. Harrison Greenberg

Harrison Greenberg Veteran Member
    Registered

Ah yes, I read this book a while ago and I thought it was quite good! It was so good that I took my family and myself to go watch the movie, and everyone loved it. I was quite impressed with the works.

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

This is a new book title to me. I liked the clip, The story is very interesting, I have a n interest in time travel but never thought of it the way it is being presented in this story. I will have to look into seeing it.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Herbert Jennings

Herbert Jennings Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember seeing this a few years ago and I must say that I left the movie theater somewhat underwhelmed. Maybe I should give the book a try. However, I have to agree with Yvonne that it's pretty interesting that he has no control over the timing of his time travel.