The Upcoming Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Kitty Carmel, May 14, 2018.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Kate adds beauty, grace and style to the royal family. Y'all should be proud of her.

Somebody said Meghan's dress looked like she wrapped a bedsheet around her. I wouldn't go that far but it needed something lese.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered what her issue was.

3. Kitty Carmel

Registered

The veil was a knock out! I loved how sheer it was and the length. The dress was a bit of a surprise but very pretty especially with the veil. I still don't like Kate's dress. I thought it was too dowdy and old for her. I liked the jokes that it looked better when Grace Kelly wore it the first time.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

For some, Amal Clooney was indeed the best dressed woman of the day. Fashion designer Wolfgang Joop (you don't need to have heard of him, though, lol) spoke highly of her praising her outfit for its elegance and tasteful design.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

So what's new ! :p

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Amal is so classy
    Well I'm sure your opinions on the dresses are very welcomed, both brides looked stunning in my eyes
    As for Diana, she too looked stunning even though the dress was badly creased, nothing could cloud the beauty of her

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We actually thought Amal Clooney was Ann Hathaway. Looked at both of their online pictures and, to a point, could be twin sisters.

Thomas Stearn likes this.
  8. Kitty Carmel

Registered

It was a lot of fun to watch. BBC America ran the wedding all through the weekend and Monday. So I think I was able to watch just about everything. BBC America had very good commentary.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, NOW, all the crap starts about the wedding and Meghan's family.

An online article talked about Kate's dress being white and how protocol designates that only the bride can wear white at a wedding. Turns out, the dress was actually yellow and a picture of her sitting in the church proved that.

A Royal, who was invited to a Royal's Christmas Party last December, was also invited to the wedding, but fortunate for her, she didn't wear the broch that some say depicted "slavery", that she wore to the Christmas Party.

Meghan's father talked to TMZ and stated he wanted everyone to "shut up" about him not attending and that he had not yet bought a gift for the Royal couple. He was not happy at all at what folks were saying about him.

Meghan's nephew was stopped by London Police for being caught we a knife in a London nightclub. Turns out that a buddy of his had a Pepper Spray with him and that was turned over to police. Her nephew grows marijuana for a living.

Meghan's step-sister is saying that their mother was paid a nice amount of money by the Royal family for...……?

I'm sure, by now, the Queen is thinking...…."I had my problems with another Royal (Diana), but now I have an entire family of problems to cope with, Geeeesh!"

Kitty Carmel likes this.
  10. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

The same over here. Just read an article in a leftish newspaper complaining that the expert commenters of the major TV-station had banged on about the colour of Meghan's skin and what it would mean to the Royals.

Kitty Carmel likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Thomas Stearn and Kitty Carmel like this.
  12. Kitty Carmel

Registered

WOW! I didn't hear one word in the commentary on BBC American about Meghan's skin color. That little punk Don Lemon from CNN sure made a big deal about it. I've had it with his whining and won't watch him anymore. The queen sanctioned the marriage. With 3 divorced children, I hope she has realized that the perfect wife in Diana didn't work out so well. Her grandson married who he fell in love with. That's what matters. She was a beautiful bride.

I heard about the Kate's dress controversy. It was certainly a pale yellow, not white. Tabloids!

Patsy Faye and Thomas Stearn like this.
  13. Kitty Carmel

Registered

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, she is bi-racial, black and white. Wife and I didn't know that until we looked her up online. I truly think the guests were somewhat shocked when a black Bishop got up and started in and acted like the EverReady Bunny...…..kept going and going and going. Then, the black choir. There had never been a Royal Wedding like this before! The Queen handled the wedding very graciously, but stood only for God Save The Queen song....she didn't sing it.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

One thing to always remember, not everyone in the world is into bi-racial marriage. It's not found in every state in the U.S. either.