The Voice, Season 11

Discussion in 'Music' started by Diane Lane, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm 1 episode behind, so if anyone replies, I probably won't read it until I'm up to date. I think it's going to be a good season, but I miss Christina Aguilera. I was impressed with some of the singers, but it bothers me when seasoned pros (in my opinion) go up against neophytes. It's not a level playing field when someone who's 15 with little experience is competing against someone older who's already toured and had professional success. I think if that's going to happen, there should be two separate shows, or at least two tiers, so it's more fair.

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

O.k., I got caught up, I watched the most recent episode last night online. I don't really understand why so many 'pros' are auditioning for the show this season. Again, there were several who have had success overseas, and in one case, here in the U.S. This is only the 2nd season I've been watching, and I noticed a few like that last year, but this time around, it seems as if there are even more, which leaves less room for the unknowns.