The War On Knowing Stuff

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 2, 2024.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This isn't so much about Hitler as it is about the U.S. societal, quasi-governmental war on those who know stuff that they're not supposed to know. I found it to be an interesting discussion, anyhow. It's not about any one thing. I don't care about the celebrity gossip stuff but that's a small part of it.

Von Jones and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

On the subject of a war on knowing stuff, she makes a good point. There are all kinds of things that we're not supposed to talk about, many of which are absolutely true, although we're not supposed to acknowledge that. Not only do they do everything they can, via the educational system, mainstream media, social media, and big tech, to keep us from knowing the wrong things (even when they are actually the right things), but they will take strong efforts to punish anyone who publicly speaks of these things before the time that they are willing to do acknowledge them.

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think she is mistaken about a couple things, but generally she is absolutely on the money. She didn't mention the Armenian Genocide after WWI either. She was reluctant to blame Israel for not extraditing a war criminal while Israel was relentless in tracking down and even kidnapping them if they couldn't be extradited.

4. Ken Anderson

I frequently disagree with her, but she's willing to discuss real stuff, and I don't restrict myself to listening to people I agree with. While it's nice to have people agree with me sometimes, I don't gain a lot by doing that.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Good discussions can be had with people who don't agree with you, but it is now difficult to find people who can disagree on a subject without getting angry.

Ken Anderson likes this.