Theories About Those Who Believe In Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Hoot Crawford, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I was thinking about this on my morning walk, so decided to look for information in Google. A lot of folks are looking at the folks who believe in various conspiracy theories.

Here's a link to the article I though was pretty good:

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...le_who_claim_to_know_the_truth_about_jfk.html

And here's another:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/m...ple-buy-into-conspiracy-theories.html?mcubz=3

Of course, these are just theories, and may be part of a larger conspiracy.

On an unrelated note, and this is no theory, but fact. I have seen irrefutable evidence that Obama was in fact born in Kenya. I can't show it here because the Clintons would have me either suicided or accidented. Just sayin'.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories - and lately they are getting on me nerves
    Lets stick with the facts Hoot - give me 'facts' ........................... :p

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You have me chuckling to myself, @Patsy Faye ! Since this sub-forum is specifically for people who DO believe in conspiracy theories and do want to discuss them, I am wondering why you are even looking at this thread, when the very idea "gets on your nerves" ?
    The basic premise of a conspiracy theory, is that it is only a theory, and not something that can be proven with just facts. It is just people who want to look at some of the evidence and draw a different conclusion than what we are being told is the right one.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Fascinating.

However, the fact that President Obama was born in Kenya is irrelevant. His mother was American and he was American because she was American.

I recommend that you find a good hiding place from the Clintons. :D

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Beg yer puddin' - didn't know what part of the forum it was in
    I only look at titles of threads

@Yvonne Smith

6. Hoot Crawford

Registered

Uh, Shirley & Patsy, I'm surprised you didn't feel that little tug on your leg..
    Have a nice day!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I did but I thought it was a conspiracy. :D

8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha - you're a 'hoot' :p

Hoot Crawford likes this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

That's alright, I kind of liked the guy regardless where he was born. If he was born in Kenya, good on him, he pulled one over on us.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That's how I always end up in the conspiracy forum. :)

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha !

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I can understand that there can be a conspiracy occasionally but now days every single event is one..it's become a business of sorts in my opinion.

The sad part is if you cry wolf often enough, nobody will believe you when it's for real.

Most of the time I see no purpose for the conspiracy...what's the point??

Yes, the government doesn't tell us everything and I don't think it should.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  13. Hoot Crawford

Registered

btw, leg-pulling aside, the links I gave provided some insight (I thought) into the type of folks who believe in conspiracy theories, and the one fact that surprised me is that people who believe in them usually believe in multiple, even contradictory theories. It's a mind set. And of course, the true believers also consider themselves superior to those folks who don't believe, because they "know" the "real truth" and the rest of us don't. But it is mostly all harmless, and some have used the phrase "mental masturbation" to describe it. {shrug}

Hoot the Poodle

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Although I'm the forums biggest skeptic and anti conspiracy theorist....my BP rises just reading in here, I ignore most of it because @Yvonne Smith is one of the nicest forum members on here and I don't want or like disagreeing with her. :)

Yvonne Smith and Hoot Crawford like this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Thank you, @Chrissy Cross , and I do try really hard not to push your buttons anymore, and i am really glad that we are friends again. Even though you and I see some things totally from opposite viewpoints, I believe that both of us are just trying our best to find out what the truth really is.
    Disagreeing sometimes helps us to see things that we might not see, or consider, otherwise, when it is done in a constructive way.
    It is when it degrades into personal insults, or insinuations , that it is offensive.

Possibly, @Ken Anderson could do the same thing that he does with the game section, and make it so that the conspiracy area does not show up in new post alerts ?
    Then, you and Patsy would not fall down the Rabbit Hole into Wonderland by surprise, and anyone who actually wants to discuss alternate news can just check that section of the forum.