Think Or Be Eaten

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Dwight Ward, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

https://thinkorbeeaten.blogspot.com/

I was reminded tonight of my friend and lover Angie Riedel, a unique, talented and funny writer. She was scary intelligent.

Think Or Be Eaten is the name of a book of her collected essays. It's also the name of a website featuring some of her writing. Some might find Angie's writing incomprehensible or just odd. You just have to relax and enjoy it. Here are a few excerpts from one article. Nothing will make sense unless you realize that Cats are religious people and Dogs are the atheists who study and explain Cats. .

If you were someone like me who was sitting and thinking one day about how people develop a personal identity, and then you started thinking about how some people strongly identify themselves as "Christian" or any other religion, and then you thought about people you've known who have done this, and what motivated them, and then you thought "maybe I could do a quick search online" and you found an article at Wikipedia entitled "Religious Identity", and read it, maybe you would find a case of Dogs Explaining Cats to Other Dogs like I did.

Dogs apparently believe that religion is given to people along with a personal world view, a group to socialize with and a bag of personal values. Some people may be given religious indoctrination by their parents, but a lot of people go out for themselves later in life looking for something to fill the spiritual gap. Dogs don't know about those people I guess. Dogs believe that religion is inflicted on people. Dogs see cats through Dog's Eyes and are missing how cats go about being cats. Dogs believe their own perception entails the subject in its entirety when in fact they seem not to grasp the depth, breadth or diversity of the subject. I also get the distinct impression that these Dogs don't like Cats, at all. Cats are stupid. Cats cannot be explained because they are just crazy for not being Dogs. There is something wrong with all Cats. Cats are inferior creatures. Cats are plain worthless.

Religious identity is so foreign to these folks that they have to scientifically research it. The Dogs seem to miss much of the feline. They are confident that a cat is an unintelligent scruffy mouse eating animal with its back permanently arched as shown in typical Halloween depictions. It has pointy ears and fish breath, and a tail. There is no body, no notable differences in fur, breed, size, behavior or temperament. All Cats are the same. It is only coincidental that the Dogs went into the studies with the firm belief, which Dogs widely accept as true, that cats are unintelligent scruffy mouse eating animals with permanently arched backs, pointy ears and fish breath. The Dog Researchers have no personal first hand experience of cats because they hate cats, but they are still sure they are right because they are the experts and they all agree with each other and that makes you automatically right. When experts agree, as in 4 out of 5 dentists, it automatically makes whatever they agree on TRUE. Everybody knows that.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Dwight Ward

Registered

What a shame that someone out there, some group of very strange people, have such a strong driving need to destroy mankind, to enslave it and humiliate it, and teach us all to believe that we have no value and we don't matter and we can't think for ourselves. I don't know what would possess these powerful people to so despise the world, but they do. The wars and genocides are all a part of some grotesque greater plan, and separating the human being from himself is the beginning and end of hope for our species. In case it needs to be said, we don't have to go along with anything that we know is evil or wrong or destructive. We do not ever have to choose to be devalued and disrespected by anyone who claims to be more important than ourselves. They can only be more important if we choose to believe that is so.

Angie Riedel

3. Dwight Ward

Registered

Angie had a vast vocabulary. It was all self-taught. I'd say to her "You just made that word up.", then find out it was a real word.

I'm thinking of 'bloviator' as an example."One who.discourses at length in a pompous or boastful manner:" I'm not a dumb person but Angie's writing was often right over my head. Yet, if she had only settled on a partner as smart as she was, she may have never found one.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like you have great admiration for your lost friend, Dwight. Sorry for your loss.

I appreciate intelligence but by no means use vocabulary as a yardstick. :D From these excerpts, I suspect that I would also find her writing over my head.

5. Dwight Ward

Registered