Thought I’d Share This

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Kate Ellery, May 18, 2018.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

E9B6091B-FD9F-452C-BED9-62CFFAE76478.jpeg A14312A4-7C1D-42BC-B1E4-CBEF4775182A.jpeg I like heartwarming stories like this ,I like many get sick of gloom ad doom on the front page
    This story is from a fairly isolated town in South Australia. ( live in SA ) ...the town ( where the horse now lives ) would be at a guess a 6-7 hour drive from the city of Adelaide ( capital of SA )

This story was n the front page of our daily ( mon - sat ) Adelaide. news paper today
    and I thought I’d share as I thought it was was so heartwarming and for a change a “Good News “ story

“A HORSE that narrowly escaped a pack of hungry dingoes when it was just days old is now living a charmed life with the truck driver who rescued her.

The foal was separated from her mother and had to fend off the snarling dingoes in the state’s Far North before being saved by Scott Pyman.

Five years on, the mare lives comfortably in a paddock on her ‘dad’s’ Quorn property, where she has made some new mates.

Nutmeg, fondly known as ‘Meg’, spends her days inseparable from another young horse Rex, a silky terrier called LJ and Lola, a blue heeler who swims in Meg’s water troughs in summer.

Meg’s happy life is a stark difference to when Mr Pyman found her – with her umbilical cord still attached – near Nutmeg Well drilling site, about 100km west of Moomba in June 2013.”

QUOTE from online story by the Adelaide Advertiser ..

He fed the foal milk and breakfast foods for three days to,keep,her alive long enough to reach his home in the far north of our state

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

He has a true friend for life there Kate - wonderful pictures :)

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

What a charming tale of love & hope! Thank you for the pictures!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Great story.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Kate Ellery

Registered

Thank you for your comments ,the story made my day .its so so special ..I intend buying a thank you card to send to this man ...no I don’t know him ..he must have a heart of pure gold ....and to approach snarling dingos that could attack and kill him must have been really brave ..his mission was to save the poor foal and didn’t think of the danger he was putting himself in

Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Love the story. :D

7. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

But what happened to the mama horse? I don't know much about horses but most animals would not leave their very young alone. Do they know what happened?

8. Kate Ellery

Registered

@Kitty Carmel the area where the foal,was found by the truck driver is very isolated .
    We have traveled through that area with our caravan and you have to,travel for hours to see anyone or any homes .
    I would have thought if the mother was capible she would have been there taking care of her young just maybe she died giving birth no one will ever know

9. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you for the information. I'm glad that little one was saved.