Time Travel Books, The Celtic Brooch Series

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Yvonne Smith, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have always been intrigued by time travel books and movies, even since I can remember. Somewhere in Time is just one of those stories that I can watch over and over and love it each time.
    When I first read Diana Gabaldon’s time travel epics, the Outlander Series, I just couldnt’ read each book fast enough at first, but before too long, it seemed like every book was almost the same, just different adventures to go through.
    Since I have Kindle Unlimited, and they sometimes give me book recommendations, a while back I saw one that looked interesting , about a time travel brooch.
    I read the book, and thoroughly enjoyed it, and when I researched it on Amazon, it turned out to be about the 8Th book in a whole series of time travel brooch stories, each set with travel to a different time and place.

Naturally, I wanted to start with the first book in the series, and since they were all free on Kindle Unlimited, I started reading the first book in the series, which was about a woman time traveler who crossed America on the Oregon Train in the mid-1800’s.
    The second book took me back to the Civil War at the time of President Lincoln’s assassination, and the third one was just before D-Day in World War 2.
    Every book had most of the same characters, and added new people to the “family” of time travelers.

I am now reading the 7th book in the series, and still enjoying the stories just as much as I did the first one ! I think that these are “girl-books”, as opposed to the kind of stories that the guys would be likely to read, but if you enjoy exciting time travel/romance books, I can definitely recommend the Celtic Brooch series by Katherine Lowery Logan.
    Here is her website, with information about the books:
    https://www.katherinellogan.com/books/the-celtic-brooch-series/

Lois Winters likes this.
  2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm finally getting around to reading, Time And Again by Jack Finney. He wrote it in 1970, but it is an interesting read. I had read Stephen King's 11/22/1963 and it was interesting to a degree. The Time Machine was a very good read, but I've not read those you posted. Will have to look into them.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I liked 11/22/1963. Kind of a strange book, but then it's Stephen King. :D

Lois Winters likes this.