Time Travel

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Tom Locke, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Remember the television series Quantum Leap with Scott Bacula?
    Though he couldn't come back I hope we can come back from your time travel box? Well I'd like to go back to the 60s when I was a little girl for both of my grandparents would be alive and I loved them and did not get a chance to tell them and when I go back I'd tell them I love them and ask my grandparents so much questions I have today that only they can answer.

2. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmm, interesting, but my time travel is more of the Doctor Who style, albeit without the scary monsters. I'd like to flit around, taking a glance here and there...it would be interesting to have a quick peek at the time when there were five different species of humanoid on Earth. How good to compare notes!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't think of any time I would want to return to I like the present too much, though the option is is not available here I would be tempted to go forward to 2100.
    A day in 1958 my favourite year would be interesting to see if it was like I remembered it I guess :rolleyes:

4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I'd like to go back to 1968 and open that door I didn't choose. The one that got away maybe. But then again, maybe that would've been disastrous. One never knows.

How much time do we get when we travel back? :rolleyes::D

Ruby Begonia and Terry Page like this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I would like to visit Dealy Plaza in Dallas, on 11/22/63, around 12:15 PM.....and look around.

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  6. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

.. spooky

Dealey-Plaza-Dallas-Texas.jpg

7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is the first time that I was asked this question - where (when) would I want to go with a time machine. Perhaps I would go back in time when I was not born yet, probably during the Spanish era that I had read in history books. The Philippines during that time seemed so exciting with the Spanish soldiers and the Spanish friars ruling our country. Particularly in Manila, life was brisk and economy was great except for the repression (but that is according to the history books which we do not know if factual or not).

Ruby Begonia and Ike Willis like this.
  8. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Veteran Member
    Registered

If your machine goes back but not to the future, how do you get back ??

Rather than physically going back, I would like a viewer like YouTube...You can type in a time and place and view what had taken place there. I would love to see how and where my ancestors lived.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  9. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I wondered when somebody would ask that. It's set to the present day, so while it can return to the present, it cannot go to a date in the future.

Holly Saunders and Ruby Begonia like this.
  10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe that''s why it is a "second hand" time machine?:eek:

11. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I would love to go back to the late 50's to see my parents again before they got sick and passed away.

The Roman Empire
    Early America after the revolution, or maybe before, but not during.
    Americas's "Gilded Age" but I would have to be very wealthy.

In fact I would need to be wealthy in all places except with my parents. Can we have a nice stash of cash?

12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

OH my goodness , great Question ..Timelord... I really would have to think about this long and hard, there must be hundreds nay thousands of potential places or times in history I'd love to visit...but I must choose wisely dear Doctor...

In the meantime, the very first thing that came to mind for me was how I would love to go back to Southern Ireland during the great potato famine , where my maternal great, great grandparents had to make the decision to leave their homeland due to dire poverty and relocate to the Scottish highlands to try and find work, and make a new life for themselves. I'd like to visit and see how as poor farmers, they came to make what have been a huge and trepidatious decision .

I will tho' give this question much deeper thought and get back to you.... Tardis do not leave without me....:D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Tom Locke, Joe Riley and Ruby Begonia like this.
  14. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Something I'd like to see is how the Egyptians built their pyramids, the Romans Hadrian's Wall and some of the other incredible constructions from ancient times. How, for example, did the Byzantines manage to build Hagia Sophia in the 6th century quicker than modern constructors could put Wembley Stadium up in the 21st?

Incidental interesting fact: there are more pyramids in Sudan than there are in Egypt.

15. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I've decided also I'd like to go back to Ancient Egypt when the Pyramids were being built and finally solve the riddle of how those enormous structures were created without machines.. and modern tools as we know them today!