Tire Monitor Valve Caps

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Diane Lane, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page I declare, your husband was an even luckier guy than I!
    Frankl

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Registered

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, Frank, we have been well pleased with the Explorer. We've had it 15 years and have less than 80,000 miles on it. I don't expect to ever buy another vehicle but if we do it will be another Explorer.

Diane Lane and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

My ex has a 1999 Explorer he's also very happy with. He's considering buying another from a southern state so he can swap out his rusty parts for ones that are in better shape. I've driven several Explorers over the years, and it's definitely a vehicle I'd consider buying.

@Von Jones I think I saw some at Walmart before. I just did a quick check, and they have an amazing variety. I haven't found the pressure monitor ones yet, but I didn't put that in, because I wanted the most variety in the search results. I'm amazed, I had no idea they had such a variety. I'd like a few of these, such as the paw prints, thin blue line, American flag, etc.

Von Jones likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Sheldon Scott I am a member of an Explorer Forum, http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php, and it has proved to be of great value in my continuing learning of these new-fangled foibles. I bought our '04 in 2010 with 92K on it. Before just recently, the only trouble was a solenoid in the transmission, it's plunger guide, bronze, crumbled away. Since then, I've determined that all the real complaints knocking this or that, blaming Ford, etc., come from guys with poor driving habits. I replaced the solenoid module at 102K, it's still working fine at 154K, except now for a few new, imponderable trouble codes I have not solved.

If I had my druthers, I would have preferred the V-8 (4.6L) to the V-6 (4.0L) which I have. The V-6 is German-built, and has thus built-in German Engineering "dead-ends". Certain relatively normally routine repairs require pulling the engine out of the vehicle! The V-8 is good-old U.S. thinking, built in Michigan. No big-time complaints. Smooth-running, solid vehicle, 4,400 LBS. and gets acceptable fuel economy.
    Frank

6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I mentioned the tire monitor valve caps to my mom yesterday, and she was very interested. I thought for sure her vehicle would have notified her of low pressure, but apparently it doesn't. Not only that, but my sister is also having issues with her tire pressure, so I ordered them each a set. My mom's all excited to get them, and we're not telling my sister, so it'll be a surprise for her. It's funny how such a little thing can make life easier.