To Those Who Are Grieving At Christmas Time

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt I know and that's possible at home but here I have to think about the little ones and not cause them distress.

I could cry when I was at my daughter's with the older grandsons because they understand and also see me every two weeks at least.

This is a different relationship here. More intense while I'm here because my visits are few and far between.

@Cody Fousnaugh ...that's nice of you to do that for your wife.

I don't know if I was a cryer my whole life but as I've gotten older I can cry at the drop of a hat.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Christmas is a tough time for a lot of people. Those who are alone are often most clearly aware of their loneliness at Christmas, for that is when they remember days when they were not alone, whether in their childhood or before their children moved away. At our age, for some of us, those who feature most prominently in our Christmas memories are gone now. Happy memories can bring sad realities.

I was a paramedic for more than twenty years, and we would see more suicides or attempted suicides over the Christmas holidays than at any other time of the year.

Think of people who might be alone at Christmas, and reach out to them if you can.

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I may be alone next Christmas unless I come here again. My daughter and family are planning to go to Maui because they're going to Europe in the summer when they usually go to Maui. I'm not going, so I may just stay in Fresno and I'm fine with that even if it will be the first Christmas alone in 65 years.

Or if I've moved to my daughter's by then, I'll be at her house...alone.

Or I could have a partner and be with him but that scenario is doubtful.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Christmas time is a time of hope and miracles @Chrissy Cross. And I know you said you don't like Scripture but I feel this one is speaking to you right now:

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you
    Plans for good and not for evil
    Plans to give you a future and hope.

You don't have to worry about tomorrow or next Christmas. there is already a plan in place for your life at that time. Live one day at a time and let tomorrow take care of itself.;)

Maryt Hope likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's that time of year again and I just want to apologize if my trying to make the Christmas season merry and bright has caused pain to anyone.

I know your pain at the loss of someone you love...or even something you love. I have that pain too. Since my Mom died Christmas just has not been the same for me. This year I decided to just take one day at a time and try to add a little Christmas cheer to that one day...and then the next, etc. It's not so easy though to really feel that cheer when you there is still grief in our hearts.

I not only miss my Mom still, I also miss Ike and Gary who are no longer with us. My heart hurts at some of the changes that have been happening in not only my life and my husband's...but also in my family's lives. My heart hurts when y'all post about all the pain y'all are going through and I wish I could do something to help make it go away.

For those who are having a hard time and grieving this Christmas season, I'm praying that you will feel your pain lift, you will have joy in your heart again, and you will feel love wrapping itself around you in a warm and comforting hug.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I just had a bad moment @Babs Hunt .....I love Christmas otherwise.

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I understand but I feel so many are hurting right now...and I didn't mean to make to add to anyone's grief or pain.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yea, I just came across an old post of Gary's on another forum and it was replying to a thread on New Years resolutions.

This was in 2015 and he said his was to live another year! Well, he did get one more. :(

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered