Today is Arbor Day

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Mal Campbell, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

Arbor Day is a national day in which we are encouraged to plant and care for trees. What a great idea. In years past, I've gotten free trees from the Arbor Day Foundation, but we've never lived anywhere long enough to watch them grow to maturity. I've always wondered if they made it. Anyway, a couple of images to encourage you.

trees 1.jpg
    trees 2.jpg
    trees 3.jpg
    trees 4.jpg
    trees 5.JPG

Michelle Stevens likes this.
  2. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

And what discussion about the beauty and necessity of trees would be complete without Ansel Adams. I think we all have images in our minds of those beautiful, stark, blank and white images of majestic trees he gave to the world. Here are few that really talk to me.

ansel 1.jpg
    ansel 2.jpg
    ansel 3.jpg
    ansel 4.jpg
    ansel 5.jpg
    ansel 6.jpg

3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Great photos. You must be a tree person. I am and I used to love to photograph trees. But I lived in a treeless area for many years. Not many opportunities to take tree pictures. And I was thinking, 'It has been many years since I've heard anyone mention Arbor Day. My,my.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  4. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

In South Africa we don't have Arbour Day, we have a whole Arbour Week. It's not now though. We have to wait until the first week of September - the beginning of spring.