Today, Our Beloved Ina Has Passed Away

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by Yvonne Smith, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith No updates on funeral arrangements, etc. for Ina?

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The last time that I heard from Patricia, she said that they were still waiting for the death certificate, and they will have a private memorial service at Ina’s home; but they are not sure when that will be. I still have not seen any kind of online obituary, and if the memorial is just going to be a friends and family one and held at her house, then there might not be any notices.
    Someone has to get Ina’s half-brother and bring him, and Patricia said that they are trying to schedule the service around the time frame of when he can get there.
    So far, they have not found any kind of a will, or any indication that Ina had made one, and Bobert said that she was always telling him that she was going to make one, so she must have intended to do that, and didn’t get it done.

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

:mad::(, just not getting to read this. What a shame, but maybe it a will all work out in the end. I have a will , done from home, but not notarized yet. yet another thing to be done and soon.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Did Patricia find a Lawyer?

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I am so sorry to hear about Ina's passing. @Yvonne Smith I know you two were close my sympathies to you.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear of Ina's passing. She was a very nice lady. RIP Ina.

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

I just spoke with Patricia, Ina’s adopted daughter. Several people have asked me about the memorial service. Pat says it is still undecided but tentatively set for near the end of January.
    Things are not going well for her, and she asked that we can keep her in our prayers. I will update here as I here anything new from Ina’s family.

9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for that update @Yvonne Smith , are you able to say what's going wrong for Patricia ?.. I'm sorry to hear she's having a troubled time as well as mourning for her mother

10. Yvonne Smith

They have not been able to find the will that Ina told us here that she wrote, so apparently, all of the family is trying to claim part of the inheritance. I thought it should simply go to Patricia as the adopted daughter, but in Texas, I guess it is divided up amongst all living relatives, natural or adopted,
    As for the memorial service, I think that they are also trying to schedule a date when everyone can be there, and with a large family, they are having problems with that.
    I asked about giving out (privately) Ina’’s address for anyone here that wanted to send cards or flowers, and Pat said she can’t even do that without family approval. When (and if) she gets approval from the rest of the family for that, you can PM me for the address .

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Most of us have read enough of Ina's posts about her family to imagine what is going on right now...and to know this is not what Ina would have wanted at all. I'm glad she is not here to see or hear her family behaving in such disrespectful ways. And I'm praying that our Creator will take what is meant for evil...and turn it to the good.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That's all so sad.

I'm also wondering if Bobert will get anything since I don't know the law regarding adopted children.

Is the child of an adopted child also an adopted grandchild @Yvonne Smith?

Bobert would probably only inherit If Patricia dies...right?

Or if there's enough that Patricia would give Bobert a portion of her share but that's just up to her.

13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It's all so complicated.

Is Bobert still living in the house? It will be a month soon since Ina died...bills will be due...

What a mess!!

Who has Izzy?

Sorry for all the questions @Yvonne Smith but I'm just wondering out loud...

14. Yvonne Smith

I don’t have many answers for your questions, @Chrissy Cross , but I will do the best I can.
    As far as I know, Bobert is still living in the house. My Find Friends app still shows that as the location of Ina’s cell phone, and someone must be keeping that charged up.
    It sounds like Izzy is still there, too; so until/unless they find Izzy’s care account, it would appear that no one has stepped up to adopt him.
    That really makes me sad !
    As far as paying the bills, I think that they can do this from Ina’s bank account, but I am not sure of that, and it might be tied up, too. If so, then heat, power, water, television, internet, etc. will soon be gone, and no one can stay there anymore.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

This is really why Patricia needs a Lawyer as the Lawyer could probably file papers to keep the bills paid while this is being settled.

@Yvonne Smith Doesn't Bobert want Izzy?