Tomorrow's Importance

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Frank Sanoica, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

So......... the BIG QUESTION is........ what did you end up deciding was the right present for your dear wife on her birthday, @Frank Sanoica ?
    After your opening post, I didn’t see anything more about what you decided to do.
    I didn’t volunteer any ideas, because each person is different about what they would enjoy as a gift, so what might appeal to one person would not mean anything to someone else.
    Mostly, I am fine with not having a physical gift, and just knowing that someone cares about me is the thing that matters most.

Since I like useful things, gifts like jewelry or flowers would be a terrible gift for me.
    I remember @Ken Anderson teasing us that’s he had bought his wife a snow shovel for Christmas one year; but then he admitted that he had also bought her some jewelry (ring, maybe ?) , and when I read it, I was thinking that I would much rather have a shovel than a ring, any old day.
    You can dig holes with a shovel ! (Not with a snow shovel, of course; but you get my drift, here. )

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Great!! Come springtime I will lovingly upgrade my wife’s shovel to one with the rubber hand grips. :)
    Perhaps I will even etch “I love you” on the handle as well. :)

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That will for sure be my favorite shovel of all-time, @Bobby Cole . Maybe you can even find one with PINK handgrips , then it will be pretty as well as practical.......... or just carve some hearts on the handle along with the “I love you” part, and paint them pink.