Too Old?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Bobby Cole, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Admittedly, I do find it slightly amusing when some of the smaller gals forget their sports gear but when the larger ladies are doing major routines without some uh...support.....I know ( or at least imagine) that's gotta be painful!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I would classify myself as smaller and it's still painful...just like @Kalvin Mitnic cant stand ties, I can't stand bras..even sports bras.

Just bugs me.

Obviously I don't wear tight fitting t shirts and find clothes that I can get away with no bra. I have occasionally used a round bandaid when in public so as not to show any nipple. :)

Do you see any bra straps on my angel avatar? No!! :p

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

How did we go from a "Too Old?" thread to talking about bra's, breasts and nipples?:D

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's all part of aging....it's only the last couple of years that I can't stand wearing one...maybe because it hurts my back.

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Perchance referencing that the older the horse the tighter the cinch doesn't necessarily apply.

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks Bobby - that put a smile on me face :p

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Also, be glad people are posting....if Ken says it's off topic that's fine or even Bobby since it's his post.

I'm the type that posts like it's conversation and one thing leads to another.... I can take a break
    again...

Also...not having the best day...I would have been married 47 years today! Is that off topic also?

My smoke alarm battery started beeping at 4:00 am...I have to deal with a water pipe leak in the backyard...have MRIs I'm worried about and on and on....give me a break!!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't rule out denial. Sometimes it's the only way to go. :oops: From the time I was 7, I've been told I wouldn't live long. I've beat more health issues than I can remember. In total, I've probably spent a good 10 years in hospital, but I'm still here. I've outlived everyone in my family except a half brother. Hopefully he inherited his father's genetics.

I've always listened to what my body tells me, be that set back and wait, or get up and move. Because of that, I've had some magnificent experiences. I have hunted, farmed, boated offshore and in freshwater, physically helped built 2 homes, worked on cars and motorcycles, travel to 3/4 of the states with only my boys in the back seat, went to college for 19 years, run my own company with 329 employees, cared for 5 of my dying family members, and so many more things that I might not have ever even attempted if I hadn't known that everything I did get to do was a gift.

Patsy I get the vertigo thing, as I've developed that in recent years, I just try to make the zig zagging look like it is intentional. :p But dang it, running into the middle of a wall can be difficult to explain. :eek:

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, but in one way or another, we all have problems.

We want to get the heck out of Florida, but just can't do it yet. Would love to take our boat out, but wife is working and tide isn't right.

There, guess I really strayed from the topic. Sorry, Ken!

10. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I can do what I use to do it just takes longer

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I know we all have problems but going off topic on a seniors forum that's not overly active shouldn't be one of them.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Lol I've tried that and yes went into a wall ! :p

13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

All that said @Chrissy Cross, you are dealing with it and not laying down in a heap of " I'm too old so just shoot me". For some of us older folks, being sent out to pasture means that we're going to step in a lot of manure but if we're smart, we still walk but learn that even though our feet stink our heads can still find the greenest of grass.

You're doing good kid so chin up! There are those all around us who get a little age on them and a social security check in their pocket and decide it's time to sit around and watch the weeds grow. Ultimately, that methodology or lack of is a slow painful death to whomever could be an otherwise healthier person.

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Agree Bobby - I may not be able to get out and about but I act like I do
    I dress up everyday, never look shoddy :rolleyes: Bit a paint on me face and a smile for everyone - keeps me goin' :cool: :p

@Bobby Cole

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Chrissy Cross - agree with you also, what does it matter if we diverse a bit on a thread - really don't understand
    when someone mentions that - we're talking and that's the 'main' thing
    :)