Topic Ideas

Discussion in 'Senior Directory Project' started by Ken Anderson, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Very Well-Known Member
    Task Force Registered

Anyone of the above can become a singular topic. ie: keeping your mind alert and active, etc.

2. Alan Sidlo

Alan Sidlo Active Member
    Registered

hmmmm... to be honest Bess, after caring for several in their time of need and being in the trenches with the disability movement during the nineties I've been chomping at the bit for an opportunity to give this my full attention. It was about a week ago that it occurred to me that the timing is ripe. Funny how things seemed to fall into place when I finally cut the ribbon. It seemed as if so many people, politicians included, reached out with their concerns cementing my commitment to this cause.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

This is precisely the type of thing I wanted, thank you Lois.

As for the digestive system, mine has been extremely dodgy for decades, so if it's to get any worse, I'll be in big trouble.. :D:eek:..but seriously this is great stuff, just the sort of thing I want to be aware of...

4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Very Well-Known Member
    Task Force Registered

Just keep in mind that every grey hair on your head and every wrinkle on your face tells a story. You've a lot to talk about in the future. Take good care of your skin as well for it dries out quickly as you lose all natural oils. As for your digestive system, it is usually hit and miss as to what you can tolerate and how much. Varies with individuals.

5. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Active Member
    Registered

I may be 77 but in my head I'm still 35. I don't think your mental age should necessarily match your chronological age. You should have that to look forward to. You might even think that you still look damn good too. You will probably see that when you compare yourself to others your age.

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

well I do think I look fairly good for my age now at 64, (that's me in my avatar) .. and hopefully I'll still look fairly good when I'm old, but more importantly is my health, and ability to live the best life I can for my age when I get to it...

7. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Such wonderful posts and good advice. Can absolutely see how helpful all the info will be. Not sure, but i think i could be one of the youngest members here. So many times thoughts occur to me, that you all have covered, great to have insight of what may come in the future. Keep the advise coming. :):):).

8. Craig Swanson

Craig Swanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have an idea for your Directory @Ken Anderson. Vacations or short stays specially catered for Seniors.

Bess Barber and Ken Anderson like this.
  9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Has anyone ever thought of posting Sound Clips of our Voices?

We know how we Write and we know what some of us Look Like, so how about offering examples of what we Sound Like?

Hal

10. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Micki...do you have a note from your Mother to be a member here?:D

I'm old enough to be your Dad and I'm not the oldest!

Harold

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020