Transhumanism

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Martin Alonzo, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This is a video from 2008 from Corbet report and then re uploaded again now because it is coming.
    This sick idea of making us part of machine with them as the control should scare everyone. They are trying to sell it as a good idea a must if you want to keep up.
    Transhumanism and You

2. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

There certainly will be human translation, but it will not be done by man's technological advances, such as cyborgs and robotics. Don't get me wrong, I'm in favor of technology that improves human capacity to live longer, increase cognitive capacity, have more mobility, and cure illnesses, restore sight, etc.

But I don't think that is what it's about. The idea of achieving a state of "post-human" with a consciousness that exceeds current human brains and to be resistant to disease and impervious to aging; to have unlimited youth and vigor; to exercise control over their own desires, moods, and mental states - and other "non-human" capacities,etc - sounds to me as it the advocates of this desire to "escape" the present human stage. Well, my view is that this is in God's domain, and no one has the right or authority to be so arrogant or bold to dethrone God!

All one has to do is the read Genesis, chapter 11 of how the Godless Babylonians wanted a tower that would "reach to the heavens" so that they could be like God and that they would not need Him. They began to construct a great ziggurat, with the goal of showing God that they could be as great in abilities as He was. In other words, they were filled with pride and arrogance, and wanted to show God their ability (and intruding into His domain). God wasn't pleased at all. Read the rest of the story.

God's transformation of humans is found in 1 Corinthians 15, where believers will be "changed in a moment". This is known as the rapture, and its when "this corruptible will have put on incorruption, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then what is written will happen: 'Death is swallowed up in victory.' " Read more about it in the bible.