Travel Writer

Discussion in 'Senior Employment' started by Diane Lane, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't travel at all these days, but I know some of y'all do, and perhaps this is something you'd be interested in. I glanced at it, but didn't read it in depth since it didn't apply to me. I'm not sure if there's actual pay involved, or if it's something that can be done for writing credit, which can help a person to show their talent to potential employers. Here's a link with the details. I received it via email from Good Housekeeping, so I presumed that it's a legitimate opportunity.

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am a traveler but I'm not really a writer. My husband used to write articles in one major newspaper here about our travels. But during that time, all our travels were domestic only. Now that we frequently travel abroad, it would be a good time to write articles. However, those published articles were not paid and all he got was the so called byline. My husband is a practical man and he wouldn't write for nothing. But if one magazine would invite him to write with pay, I'm sure he would be writing travel articles again.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I had dreams of travelling and being a travel writer when I was younger. It wasn't in the cards for me though to be a travel writer. But I found in getting ready to be a travel writer that my passport was stolen. I know I had it when we moved and when we moved to our permanent place and settled in I started looking for things. Well it was missing and with other things missing, so I had to report it missing. Travel writing is wonderful if you enjoy writing and can take good pictures too.