True Grit

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Bill Boggs, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know if I can say what I want to say. I may not have the whether-all to make you know what I felt. John Wayne starred in the original Thru Grit and Wayne was good in whatever he was in. My comment has to do with the second True Grit with Jeff Bridges and it has to do with the music.

This movie is on of those wild west shoot 'em ups and it begins with a piano key pressed down. The note is drawn out and held much longer than would be normal, and they are repeated, then another piano key. The second time it has a familiar ring to me and I am saying to myself, "What is that song?" Almost a whole bar is played before I recognized the piece. And I thought 'how cool.' Jeff Bridges starting his movie with a slow rendition of 'Leaning On The Everlasting Arms.' Maybe I'm an old sentimentalist but to me that's cool, starting his western with this old song for the ages. That's True Grit.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I haven't seen the Jeff Bridges version of True Grit, and didn't know there was one. I'll look for it.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I didn’t know that there was one either; but I like Jeff Bridges’ acting, so I looked on youtube, and here is the trailer for the movie.
    It looks good to me !