Trump Immunity

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Lee Brown, Jul 1, 2024 at 8:55 PM.

1. Lee Brown

Lee Brown Active Member
    Registered

I guess most people here know that the SCOTUS rendered a decision about presidential immunity today.
    It turned out pretty good for Trump: https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/article_2a043f68-37c5-11ef-ba18-8f20e0d4809d.html
    Of course the Democrats are having conniptions over it. This article here is an example: https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/article_c03fb0dc-3803-11ef-a649-57e2e6a96c57.html.
    Notice how Biden tries to delegitimize the court by referring to it as "conservative" (even though they punted on first amendment rights this session). Pretty soon the Democrats will be screaming to "pack the court" with the justices that suit them again.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Thanks for starting the thread, @Lee Brown . Yes, that is important.

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yep, Roosevelt tried it and was shut down by Congress. Republicans aren't as concerned for the nation as they were then. The Democrats, who are famous for using the courts to get what they can't get by legislation, are now trying to delegitimize the Court as it is not doing what they want. The court system was set up to protect the people from the "elite", but it was considered the lowest of the three branches when set up and didn't even have its own chambers. I think it met in the Capitol originally. The House chamber was also the largest church in D.C. at one time.

Lee Brown and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I can't believe how many on the left are now openly advocating for murder. Their true colors are really showing through.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Apparently AOC intends to draw op papers of impeachment.
    She somehow believes that Congress has the ultimate say in what is Constitutional and what is not.

As I was thinking about the SCOTUS decision, I also thought of a thing called “Diplomatic Immunity”. A diplomat coming to the U.S. has a huge amount of immunity in relation to our laws but yet according to the Dems, a past President of the U.S. doesn’t.
    More specifically, Donald Trump doesn’t but Bill and Hillary Clinton’s shenanigans are safe from prosecution.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I was reading that on Twitter, too, @Jacob Petersheim ! They are telling Biden to assassinate Trump with SEAL Team 6, or kill him with a drone strike, and other ridiculous ideas.
    No matter how much conservatives dislike someone, I have never heard anyone suggesting we take out Biden with a drone, or anything even close to that.
    We can see that he has dementia, and most of us feel sorry for Biden actually, because he is being drugged and used even though he barely knows what is happening around him.

7. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

What's being called "Trump" immunity is actually "Presidential" immunity so it will work for a Democrat (ugh) president too.

8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Bingo!

This decision would almost be funny if it didn't have such long-term ramifications. Some of these 6 Justices must have one brick short of a load.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

The Democrats prefer the old way, where only Democrats had immunity from prosecution. When this is extended to a Republican, they lose it.

10. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I can't believe the running around with heads cut off about this on the left. They persist in implying it only applies to Trump, and trot out things like Project 2025 suitably embellished to strike fear into their hearts.

Often these are people of meager means suffering badly under the crushing weight of inflation, shrinkflation, housing market shenanigans, unemployment, etc. Yet they can't connect the dots and are actually saying that Biden has made their lives better.

There are plenty on the right who make me cringe away and bite my tongue, but the things going on within The Bubble on the left are truly bizarre. I'm relieved that we haven't seen a repeat of Biden Loves Mayhem though, his campaign last time around while he hid in the basement.

Beth Gallagher and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Obama set the standard of assassinating American citizens without trial, but he (as far as I know) waited until they left the country, then labeled them terrorists and killed them with drones. I guess it isn't too much of a stretch to bring that idea to the homeland. Can you imagine the outcry if any Democrat President had been treated like Trump has been? Word is that the Obama team has had it with Biden and now wants him off the ticket. No word as to who could replace him under the rules of the Democratic party, but since they don't seem to care about the Constitution, they probably will violate their own rules as well. We'll see. Perhaps Michelle will inherit Joe's delegates when he is found unconscious in the White House Rose Garden.

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Is Michelle that tight with Hillary ?

13. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Why would anyone believe that Supreme Court justices don't understand the consequences of a decision? How positively absurd that anyone believes this decision was "for Trump." Good grief, beyond ignorant.

Bulletin: The Court does not MAKE law; they INTERPRET law.

No one is above the law, and I hope Biden gets a dose of his own medicine if he lives long enough. Of course, he is not mentally competent to stand trial but he's allowed to continue as sitting president while someone wipes the oatmeal off his face. Plus, the gutless republicans in congress are a do-nothing bunch.

@Bobby Cole -- thanks for the reminder about diplomatic immunity. That's another law that needs scrutiny and revision.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024 at 1:02 AM
  14. Ken Anderson

Justice Thomas has every reason to understand what is going on with Trump. Democrats always pull out the same weapons that have worked for them in the past, and it's clear that they cannot tolerate a black person leaving the plantation, and they will always be able to find someone to tell whatever lies they need them to tell.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2024 at 3:45 PM
    Don Alaska, Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yet it was Justice Sonia Sotomayor who brought up the false idea that a President (meaning Trump) could call up Seal Team 6 and have his opponents assasinated.
    So, because of the “dissenting” remarks she made about the immunity ruling, every left wing media outlet is spewing the same nonsense.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.