Trump Rally In Chicago Shut Down By Protesters

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson I think the only people excited about the thought of Hillary in the White House are Hillary herself, Bill and Chelsea, and others with something to gain. That's not to say that people wouldn't protest against other candidates on her behalf or disrupt rallies for that purpose, especially if they were being paid, whether with money or other methods.

I says a lot about the economy, as well as the values and work ethic of some, when being a protester and/or social justice warrior are attractive paying positions.

2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Another interesting bit of information is this article about the rich Republicans all jetting in to an island off the coast of Georgia to decide how best to get rid of Donald Trump.
    The list of people attending included the heads of many companies, such as Apple, and also many of the leading congressional representatives.
    It appears that thesse people are very, very concerned about Donald Trump bcoming president, and I doubt that it is because they do not think he cares about Americans, and is more about their loss of control of our president.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/03/09/huffpos-grim-54-private-jets-at-meeting-to-stop-trump/

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I haven't been exaggerating when I have said that both political parties are, and have long been, working together toward the same goal, and it has to do with global interests. This has been true for a long time, but Trump is forcing them to come out in the open, pretty much, at least to anyone who's paying attention. The people who control the parties don't care who is in power as long as its someone who won't try to change the agenda. Donald Trump is not a perfect person but this is easily the most important election in our lifetimes, and it may even be our last chance to get our country back.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I decided to type in my search engine "How will they stop Trump now"...and was totally amazed at all the responses this brought up. It seems there are many out there that want to stop Trump, but at the same time they don't like any of the other choices they will have to pick from either! And just a few minutes ago on the news I saw Trump saying that if "they" deny him at the Republican Convention he believes there will be trouble, that he wouldn't start it but he could see it coming...and so can I. Like @Ken Anderson said: "this is easily the most important election in our lifetimes, and it may be our last chance to get our country back." It also may be one of the last times we get to speak up for what we don't want anymore...and what we do want. It might already be to late to change anything...but for sure it will be to late if we don't even try! We have a Candidate that I believe really wants what we want and that gives me hope that it is not to late for change.

6. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Veteran Member
    Registered

Not that I am against Trump or any of the other candidates but I sure hope we all are not putting our hopes all on one man who may or may not save us. If I recall that was what got us all in trouble with Obama. He was suppose to bring us all together and solve race relationships and instead his actions have divided this nation even worse than before. I have mixed feelings as in Trump or Cruz, but wish they would bane together instead of tearing each other apart. It more of a boxing match then a election campaign and I'm getting a bit tired of the fighting. How about you??

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Every election year, we hear about how campaigns have never been so ugly, but I think we have actually had more ugly ones than not. From the early days of this country, presidential campaigns have been heated, and that's true of politics in general. Duels have been fought, people have been struck with canes on the floor of the US Senate, and all manner of dirty tricks have been played. In more recent years, it seems that hostility is used to cover up the fact that there really isn't that much of a difference between one political party and another.

I know that everyone doesn't feel like they have the time, and many simply don't have the inclination, but I wish that people would pay more attention. I don't know how many times people have posted things on Facebook or elsewhere saying that they could never vote for one person or another because of something that wasn't even true. I'm sure there are dirty tricks being played on all sides, and we tend to notice it only when it's done to someone we support, but the sheer amount of money that has been put into the anti-Trump campaign suggests that he is getting the bulk of it, and I know that it has included fake tweets and false quotes that are passed around not only be nearly anonymous Facebook people, but also by talk shows and new shows.

Fox News bleeped Trump when he hadn't even said the thing that they supposedly bleeped. I forget what the statement was now, but someone in his audience used the F-word. Since Trump replied to what she said, he repeated it so that the rest of his audience would know what he was responding to, but he paused where the word would have been, and did not repeat the F-word. Fox News inserted an unnecessary bleep there, since Trump had already censored the word, then went on to accuse him of vulgarity.

And, more on topic with the opening post of this thread, the Bernie Sanders campaign site did a call out for Bernie Sanders supporters to disrupt Trump's rallies, yet the media refuses to call him out on that. Had Trump asked his supporters to disrupt anyone else's rallies, they'd be calling for his head.

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

We have been discusssing about the protesters being paid to march and start trouble at the ralleys. Here is an interesting report that is about that very thing.
    The man who contributed the information was paid to be one of the protesters, and he said that he found an ad on Craigslist, looking for people to protest at a political ralley.
    The protesters were paid different amounts, and ones who were trained fighters were apparently paid the best.
    When asked who was hiring the protesters, he said that they were trained to act like they were Bernie Sander's supporters; but he thinks the person behind the hiring was probably Hillary Clinton, although this was also apparently just a guess.
    There is a link that shows the actual Craigslist ad that he responded to, as well as some interesting information About Snopes not actually verifying the things they say on their webpage.

http://abcnews.com.co/donald-trump-protester-speaks-out-i-was-paid-to-protest/

9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

That's a good point about Snopes, @Yvonne Smith. I used to use the site to verify stories, but stopped quite a while ago, although many didn't. Apparently the site is very left slanted, which brings the results into question. I've seen plenty of ads offering compensation for protesting on Twitter over the years, and I'm sure they exist elsewhere, as well as Craigslist. Many people don't even pay attention to politics, and believe everything they're spoon fed by the media, which is part of the reason this country is such a mess right now. Initially, I didn't plan on voting for Trump, but I thought he was an asset because he was the only candidate actually speaking about topics of concern to many. I don't think he'd be a perfect candidate at other times in history, but I'm starting to think he might be the perfect candidate for these times. Anyone who apparently scares the establishment (on both sides) as much as he does can't be all bad.

10. Ken Anderson

Interesting stuff about Snopes. I knew they frequently had a liberal slant but I didn't know they were total nonsense.