Trump Signs Executive Actions To Advance Keystone Xl, Dakota Pipelines

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Babs Hunt, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Trump Signs Executive Actions to Advance Keystone XL, Dakota Pipelines
    [​IMG]

24 JANUARY, 2017

President Donald Trump moved to advance construction of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines Tuesday, a pair of projects that were blocked by the Obama administration due in part to environmental concerns. Both orders are subject to renegotiations of the agreements. Trump also signed a notice requiring the materials for the pipelines to be constructed in the United States, though it was unclear how he planned to enforce the measure. “From now we are going

to start making pipelines in the United States,” Trump said from the Oval Office. Looking ahead, Trump announced that he planned to nominate a justice for the Supreme Court next week, moving swiftly to try to fill the seat left vacant by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. The president was summoning top senators to the White House later Tuesday to discuss his upcoming nomination. READ MORE

And he's requiring that the materials for the pipelines be constructed in the United States...
    This man knows what his dream for America is and he's not wasting any time going for it! :)

2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

the dems hate oil so the EPA has been in they're back pockets for years. this country has enough oil under it to last till rapture. even sell it back to OPEC which will not like this deal at all.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

America pretty much has everything we need to be self-sustaining. Why our Government prevented us from continuing this way doesn't make sense unless you factor in the One World Government Agenda.

Trump's Inaugural speech was right on about us taking care of ourselves first. We shouldn't be handing out our resources, etc. to everyone else when we haven't even taken care of American's needs first. And we definitely shouldn't be sending our young people to die on the battlefield for the wars of other Countries. Send them weapons, etc. but don't send them our children and grandchildren whose future is still ahead of them.

And don't send them our natural food supply and then genetically modify what we have left for ourselves. Sell them the genetically modified stuff and let us have our natural and organic back to the land food supply.

Sometimes I get so mad at what our past leaders have done to America, and to us. If nothing else I hope Trump is God's vengence on them!

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

One of the things of note this morning was that Trump is taking some of the wind out of the sails of the EPA.
    In essence, their budget will be cut and will no longer be able to pay for research. All they will be able to do is to consult with research that is already published instead of paying for a study that would lean toward an individual bias on a pre-established agenda.
    In the past they could request a study on why such and such is a bad thing and pay for those results, negating any positive findings or plain common sense.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gary Ridenour Here is the lower 48. The biggie, Alaska Pipeline is up north. Obviously, with about 2-1/2 million miles of oil & gas pipelines operating, another, newer by virtue also of the technology for building it, should strike little fear in American's outlooks, as fear for Public Safety is always thrust in view, often over and above environmental concerns. Fact is, pipelines are about as safe as far as individuals' safety is concerned, as air travel. Far safer than riding in a car.

Environmental worries? Where did the petroleum originate? In the ground. In some cases ON the ground, trapped in shale and sandstone. What's being done about that? If oil is "evil", it is at the same time necessary.

[​IMG]

6. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

In America with American steel!! I'm with him, if Trump thinks this is a good thing, I am with him!! Thanks for posting this, I wanted to say something about it because I just sat down a bit earlier to hear the news of the day. I was so excited about all he is doing.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

I very much agree that the past administration (passed away, or in the process thank you God) was for One World Order. Can't agree more;)

8. Denise Evans

Registered

It's not evil and it's about good management of our resources, but they ARE resources we are blessed with.

9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope they consider the Native Americans in all of this too

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The Dakota project is still on hold pending an Army Corps of Engineers assessment of the Entire situation.
    Under Obama, the Corps was asked to evaluate a given route which was handed back with negative results.
    Now, the Army Corps can evaluate many routes and even suggest where the pipeline should be layed in order to allay any problems with waterways and reservation land.

One thing of note: I was in the Army with a Navajo native and he told me one time that the news media made it sound like the Navajo's were a poor and indigent people. He also told me that the fact is that these Native Americans also receive checks each month for the hydroelectric power dams that are on and even come close to their reservation(s) along with other federal monies that are paid to them as Native Americans living on the reservation.
    If the Army Corps of Engineers can route the pipeline in order to ensure the Dakota's that their waterways will be safe then no matter how else it is routed the Native Americans living on the reservation will receive some big bucks each month. Uh, and of course, it's all tax free................

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Just as they deserve
    As long as they can 'stay' in a place they call home and be left in peace

Yvonne Smith and Frank Sanoica like this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The protests by Native Americans has been in the news here for a while now, @Patsy Faye , and I don't quite understand it. If you look at the pipeline map that @Frank Sanoica posted, you can see that we already have about a zillion pipelines all over this country, and especially in the part of it where this new one is proposed; so what difference is one more going to make ?
    The other side of this, is that the American government has been taking over the land belonging to Native Americans ever since the first Europeans started settling in this country.
    Even now, some of the property has been sold by the government to mining companies, and one huge piece of Indian land was recently taken over and made part of a national park. None of this is right, and it should not be allowed to happen.
    Pretty much, our government just walks over anyone (regardless of race or nationality) when they want the land for some purpose of their own, just like happened with the ranchers out in Oregon a while back.
    Hopefully, this new pipeline can go through to help the economy here, while still not destroying the property that belongs to the Indians any worse than has already happened.
    Here is an article from several years ago, showing that the land was being taken for foreign mining companies; so this is not a new issue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/03/ndaa-land-deals_n_6264362.html

Frank Sanoica and Denise Evans like this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Oh I know it's not a 'new' issue Yvonne, that's why I'm upset about it
    I hope all goes well for the Native Americans, they deserve to be able to feel 'settled' and not have this worry
    Their worry may not be worthwhile, but I can't blame their apprehension due to past experiences

@Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

The "boom" around Williston, ND, caused it's population between 2010 and 2015 to almost double. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williston,_North_Dakota.
    Folks were dropping everything and moving into the area as job growth was enormous. Early on, we read of a Wal-Mart allowing folks to sleep in their cars in the parking lot. The McDonalds had lines waiting for food clear out the door. Great pressure was put on law enforcement, housing provisions, and concern expressed over the "bad element" being drawn there. It was like another CA Gold Rush. The XL pipeline was stalled for 10 years or more, and it's stagnation caused huge cutbacks in drilling and work activity. Add all the worry over "fracking", and things began to fall apart. We happened to talk to a couple visiting our area who live near Williston; they confirmed the stories. From the very beginning, it was expected the pipeline would be built. But it wasn't.

The recent activity in deomestic oil production has brought about the situation that the U.S. can now produce 100% of it's crude oil needs, but it doesn't, and won't. NO Middle-Eastern oil mandatory. So, the fat-cats in Saudi Arabia, for example, are very worried, and P. O.'d. Add in the fact that the U.S. government effectively steals around 20% of ALL oil entering the country as well as that being produced domestically, and pumps it back into the ground, stored as part of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Nice.

We need the pipeline. Frank

Denise Evans likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Just an update about the keystone pipeline, and a good thought about why Obama didn’t want it to go through when he was president.

42BB165E-F5D8-4481-9985-B34479058B5B.jpeg

Frank Sanoica likes this.