Trump Tribute: Karaoke Night Special

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Montgomery Python, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Montgomery Python

Montgomery Python Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    It’s a Trump karaoke night special. Get out your dancing shoes and start the video and sing-a-long. No excuses; if you don’t know the lyrics, I’ve written them for you.

I’m Trump and I’m intelligent, the smartest guy alive;

I’ve sold a bridge to America, next, real estate on Mars;

My IQ is the highest, my genes are wonderful too;

I’m Trump and I’m a genius;

A genius;

And if you vote for me I’ll make you a genius too.

I’ve built a wall in Mexico and won the mid-terms too;

I’ve brought the troops back home again, won trade wars just for you;

Forget the fake news media, believe me it’s all true;

I’ve proved that I’m a genius;

A genius;

Every time I gazed into your gullible eyes.

;)

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

The economy is booming. Black people have more, better paying jobs than ever. Ditto Hispanics. Unemployment is at the lowest number in ages.

I could go on but it likely would not change your mind. Haters gotta hate.

And we will build that damn wall.

And, btw, we got a raise in our Social Security this year.

3. Montgomery Python

Registered

It’s political satire, you know, humour? However, if you want to take it seriously you could do worse than look behind the beliefs. :)

How America Lost its Mind

4. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

You give honor to your already honorable name, sir. Long live John Cleese!

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm tired of the disrespect being shown President Trump...and will sit out this dance for sure!

Al Amoling and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Montgomery Python

Registered

Look at this way Babs. You had eight years of Obama in which he gained a cult following of tens of millions. He even became the first person in history to win a Nobel Peace Prize for something he promised to do, instead of actually doing it. Obama was absolutely hammered during his presidency, which was focused entirely on beliefs. The Democrats learned a big lesson from that and didn’t repeat the same mistake with Hillary in 2016.

Imagine the surprise then when Trump appeared with the same promises and cult following. The Democrats (and the world) are having a field day with the same lies and promises. Trump is just another conman, a brand name self-promotion that could only now happen in America.

No one is disrespecting the office of the president, they’re disrespecting the characters in it. :)

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

BUMP

8. Montgomery Python

Registered

If you’re going to elect characters like Obama and Trump, expect a backlash even within America itself. As I said, no one is disrespecting the office of the president, they’re disrespecting the characters in it.

This isn't 'fake news'

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Any way I look at it Montgomery...in my book you are disrespecting President Trump and it is my opinion that I don't like it.

Yvonne Smith and Al Amoling like this.
  10. Montgomery Python

Registered

Oh I disrespect him, no question about that and the one before him. Obama was just another left wing idiot, Trump is a threat to humanity. Lots of things we don’t personally like. The American electorate in the mid-terms also didn’t like him and come to think of it the world doesn’t either.

11. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

There are a ton of people who are tired of being told we're part of a cult. You think it's funny but it is absolutely not.

Bobby Cole and Babs Hunt like this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's wonderful that we are still free to have our own opinions Montgomery and one of the things I really love about this Forum is that we do really well in respecting each other's opinions even when we disagree with them.:)

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It is a given that you live and work in other parts of the world but that doesn’t qualify you to speak for the entirety of it much less speak for the entire U.S. which you do NOT live in nor work in.

It is indeed one thing to speak for yourself and possibly for those who allow you to speak for them as a proxy but quite another to view yourself as the world’s voice and without permission to do so.

I for one am not going to give you or anyone else permission to speak or write for me no matter what my personal opinions might or might not reveal.

Al Amoling and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Montgomery Python

Registered

I’m reading some of the replies on various threads that I’ve done. I’ve purposely put several up in my first week to see what kind of response I get and I’m finding it’s the usual one. You’re not one of us and can’t speak about America, or you’re writing for someone else by proxy, or you don’t speak for me (I never said I did)! Many have a view on China, North Korea and Russia, but you haven’t been there either, have you.

What happens in American foreign policy is important to the outside world because it affects us all. I give my explanations why. The explanations I write are based on social and political science. It’s not an American strongpoint. It took America eight years to find out what Obama was and it will take another few years until hopefully he’s removed to work out that Trump is a corporate fascist and that’s because most of you don’t know what fascism is and it’s something you don’t want to know, isn’t it.

I love history, especially social history. I could go on for pages about Orwell’s, The Road to Wigan Pier (Britain), or Down and out in Paris and London (Britain and France), or Homage to Catalonia (Spain), but I’d be talking to myself. The problem is that when you bring up social history, politics comes as part of the package. The same with current affairs; you can’t discuss it without bringing up America, China and Russia and if you only scratch the surface you start to expose where the chaos in the world is coming from.

As I’m writing this its peak viewing time in the west and you’ve got more search engine robots than you have active members. If you’re not going to, or can’t discuss politics, or accept facts and you’re only comfortable with touchy feely American beliefs don’t expect any kind of addition to that. It’s not me, it’s you. I’m the one writing and you’re the ones sticking your tongues out. Ten years into an American produced world recession, trade wars and sanctions, with an increasing possibility of a direct military confrontation with either China or Russia and you’ve nothing to say about it? OK, well you do the writing and I’ll sit on the sidelines.

I’m not the only one and this following short video that looks like it has been taken from a film also sums up my views.

15. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I like the video in the above post. I've seen it before. It's from the TV Series The Newsroom. I disagree that the girl in the video represents a member of the worst generation ever.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019