Twitter

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Brittany Houser, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a twitter account but haven't figured out what to use it for. Probably never will.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I started out just following our president, (@realDonaldTrump). That is all I did for a long time, @Sheldon Scott .
    Then, I added the White House tweets, and next, Mike Pence, then later started following some of the people who were retweeting the president’s tweets, and then expanded to journalists that I like (Rush Limbaugh, etc), and then some of the patriot/Qanon people.

I would see things on Facebook that were from someone on Twitter, so then I would find that person and follow them, and gradually I am getting a good variety of interesting information on Twitter now.
    I do not post anything, I just read, and then re-tweet things that seem important. It is a fantastic way to get news really fast !

3. Yvonne Smith

I have been getting a lot of my news information from either Twitter or Facebook; but since both are completely run by liberals, a lot of the conservatives and Trump supporters are moving to more conservative social media.
    One of the fastest growing new platforms is called “Parler”, and most of the people who have been getting shut down by Twitter liberal management are now also on Parler.
    It took about a year for them to get their first million followers, and just this week they have jumped to over one and a half million; so by this weekend they will probably be getting close to 2 million people on there !
    https://dailycaller.com/2020/06/25/sign-up-parler-3-days-twitter-suspends-pro-trump-accounts/

I am still getting used to it, since I just joined yesterday, but it is pretty similar To how Twitter works .
    Most people are still keeping their Twitter account right now, but if the censorship keeps getting worse for conservatives, eventually most of us will all be on Parler instead.
    I also signed up for “GAB”, which is more like Facebook, I think, but I have not done a lot on there yet. Gab has groups like Facebook does, so I joined some of the news groups on Gab, but I am still getting most of my news directly from either Facebook or Twitter.
    There is an app for Parler, but not for Gab at this point.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  4. Yvonne Smith

Twitter was hacked into yesterday. They compromised quite a few of the large accounts, including Apple, Gates, Biden, and Elon Musk.
    Tweets were posted from the hacked accounts telling people to send bitcoin and they would get back double what they sent.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2023
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Lucky for me, I have never had a Twitter account, nor Facebook, nor Instagram, etc. (And the hack couldn't have happened to a better group of people, lol.)

Mary Stetler likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Elon Musk has changed a lot of things about Twitter since he purchased it, and is working on making it even better and more inclusive as time goes on. Contributors can now make money with their Twitter account, just like people do with a youtube account or other monetized online media.
    Recently, he changed the name to “X” which seems to be a symbol that he really likes, since he even has a child named “X”, and companies like Space-X.
    San Francisco for some reason was very upset when he had the Twitter name removed from the building, and then put a big lit-up X sign on the very top of the building. It was there for several days, and then the city forced Musk to remove the sign.

An interesting thing is the ongoing rivalry between Twitter and Meta (Facebook), which belongs to Zuckerburg. For a while now, they have been talking about some kind of a cage fight between the two , and how they are training for the fight.
    I am not sure when this is supposed to happen, but it will be live on Twitter, and probably also on Facebook, and the proceeds will go to help veterans.

IMG_5355.jpeg

7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Am I anti-semitic if I want Musk to wipe the floor with the skinny geek?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

SOC is about as much joining as I have ever done. People kept pushing me to join facebook in the early days and as things went on I am sooooooo happy that I didn't.