Unbiased News Websites Or News Channels

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Babs Hunt, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Does anyone know of a News website or News channel that will report the political news without leaning more towards one Candidate or Party? I'm just about to quit watching the News, etc. because I am so tired of their blatant leanings towards one Candidate and one Party! Even if there is not a fair News channel on TV anymore there should be a few places on the Internet where fair treatment is given to all.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't think that there is any one place that has the news, @Babs Hunt . Because all of the information given to the media is so controlled by only a few corporations, they basically all report the same thing, regardless of the network you watch.
    I follow several people on Facebook that look for and share actual news, and I also read some of the online news reports.
    Surprisingly, RT (Russia Today) actually seems to do a fairly good job of reporting a good share of news, and so do some of the other ones that are European.
    I also have several Youtube channels that find and report active news events, and investigate what is reported to see if it is real or more fake news.

3. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I'd like to say yes there are but... I can't. :( I think every news agency whether online or over the airwaves, has a bias.. a spin, whether or not they let people know it. If the station or website itself doesn't have leanings, then the top brass (to use a military term) have them, and it will reflect in what's reported, and the wording of *how* it's reported. It takes a LOT of research but we need to listen to all the slants, distortions, and twists, define them as such, and then see what's left to draw our own conclusions.... picking up the chaff, so to speak.

Signed,
    Jaded and Disenchanted Mari o_O

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I wish there was...I reallly, really wish there was. There's quite a few things I'd love to understand politically that's totally unbiased towards any one party , particularly at the moment with our potential exit from the European Union...I would love to hear a totally unbiased and most of all honest view... but there just doesn't seem that there's any such animal ......

5. Mari North

Registered

Same here, @Holly Saunders ... must be a global problem. Well, maybe it will make better thinkers out of all of us. See, I'm trying to find some good in it!

6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

You can only read the news from several different sources and make your own mind up, or toss a coin, because as Holly says there simply isn't any reliable unbiased viewpoint anywhere. :confused:

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That's what I do. Watch a sorcerer that's left and watch a sorcerer that's right Info they both agree on is what I go with.

I do stick to mainstream media because all others will be even more biased according to what they're selling.

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Lol, auto correct is funny. Source became sorcerer and that's our Terry. Sorry, had to leave it in. :)

9. Mari North

Registered

Hehe Drat! And here I thought @Chrissy Page was gearing up to take on the media single handedly starting with name-calling. :p For the record, "sorcerer" often fits for accuracy.

10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I thought you were talking about me there lol .........I am a Gemini so I do have two differing points of view of course :rolleyes:

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

PBS used to be pretty good about being unbiased on things...but even that has changed alot.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree, it's difficult to find one news source that's trustworthy and not slanted in one particular direction. Like @Yvonne Smith, I've noticed that Russia Today seems to give some of the more objective reports. I follow and read news from all over, mainly on Twitter, and haven't watched the news on television for quite a while. I check my local news app mainly for local stories and headlines, and then I'll seek out those stories that interest me, and read a few different reports, then make up my own mind.

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well that made me feel a lot better. I just sent an email off to the Editor of The Boston Globe mcgrory@globe.com and told him I was tired of all the biased news whether it was on TV or written and if the Globe was going to run a "satirical" front page on Trump as President...then they should do it on the other Candidates as well. :) I'm pretty sure they won't do this of course...but I feel better just letting them know that is the fair and right thing to do here.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, unfortunately these days it's hard to find an unbiased news source. There was a time when the news did seem not to lean in one direction more than another and stayed in the middle. But those days seem to be long gone. It's funny you can now watch a news source and automatically be able to know right away which party they heavily support, which I think is kind of sad.

Babs Hunt likes this.