Unfriendly People

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Jeanee Burke

Jeanee Burke Member
    Registered

I used to be hurt when I was friendly with someone and they were not in return but I have learned to just Let It Go. I say hello and am friendly on most days but I also get my days when I don't want to talk to anyone and so therefore I guess some may be that way, too, or not. Regardless, I try not to let others make me different.

2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

When someone feels to need to convince others how friendly they are, they may not be as friendly as they think they are.:eek:

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The Waffle House we go to sometimes for breakfast, most of the staff know us. Our waitress will talk to us some, if she's not to busy. I think it's really a delight to go to a small restaurant where the employee's know you and will talk to you.

As stated many, many times on this forum, absolutely LOVE "smaller town" environments where most people are truly friendly and say "hi" to each other. Just can't help that I'm a "friendly" type person! Unfortunately, that some folks don't like humorous type people, of which I am.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

I love someone with a good sense of humor and that's a must in a companion for me but there are different kinds of humor and some I don't care for.

I like a quick wit or a play on words etc....

Steve North and Patsy Faye like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

What about sarcastic humor?

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

As far as humor goes, we love watching The Carmichaels tv show. Even though there is a lot of humor/sarcasm towards blacks it's really, really funny. A show really like the old George Lopez Show where he always made jokes and humor towards Hispanics and Mexicans. However, we did talk to a black lady at a music store that absolutely hates the show, just like I'm sure there were Hispanic's that didn't like the George Lopez show.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

With the exception of the time that I spent in California, a half a year in Brownsville, Texas, and a couple of years in North Carolina, I have mostly lived in places where I could forget my wallet and still order breakfast, since everyone knew who I was and that I'd be back, and where no one ever asked for identification.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

I live in California and people know me in the places I frequent, sometimes I'm surprised by it..that they would even remember me.

9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I still live near a town like that, @Ken Anderson .

Ken Anderson likes this.