Unplanned

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ann Leonard, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Ann Leonard

Ann Leonard Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I just returned from seeing the movie Unplanned, which is based upon the true story of Abby Johnson, who up until 2009 was the director a Texas Planned Parenthood office, when her life was changed forever.
    Parts of the movie were very graphic, but the scene that did me in, was where Abby was watching a 13 week old unborn child fight not to be aborted. He/She was actually dodging the suction hose, it was just heartbreaking to see!
    What is even more heartbreaking, is how little the public knows about this movie. You won't see it advertised on any network, and Twitter went so far as to suspend Unplanned's account the day the movie opened, Friday March 29th. I knew about the movie's impending release for months, because I happen to watch Fox News. "They" did the same thing last year with the release of Gosnell, a movie based upon the true story of an abortion doctor in Pennsylvania. It wasn't advertised, because the left didn't want people to know about this monster. They didn't want the public to see what an atrocity was being committed, just like they don't want people to know the truth about Planned Parenthood.

Unplanned should be viewed by every single member of congress, and every single politician that thinks that abortion isn't murder. I will never get the image at that child fighting to save it's own life out of my mind.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I haven't seen the movie and probably won't, as I never attend movies, but I support the making of the film in spirit. Just like Environmentalism, the Abortion lobby started on one note and has morphed into a commercial enterprise.

Frank Sanoica and Ann Leonard like this.
  3. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

@Ann Leonard: Unplanned should be viewed by every single member of congress, and every single politician that thinks that abortion isn't murder. I will never get the image at that child fighting to save it's own life out of my mind.

I felt the same way until something recently happened to a 10 yr old child in a SC classroom, the secrecy and cover-ups.
    I don't think government cares what happens to children/unborn children.
    They care about lawsuits and uprisings and keeping their power at any cost.

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ann Leonard
    I am divided on the issue of abortion, always have been, but certainly appreciate your reaction to that scene. Might I ask if you believe firmly that every unborn child should be allowed to go to term? The things in mind are: greatly deformed; the result of a rape; a fetus known to be diseased in such a way as to be doomed after birth.

Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Ann Leonard

Registered

Years ago I believed that abortion was "okay" in the case of rape, or if carrying a child to term would cause harm to the mother. That was then. Given my Christian beliefs, today, I believe that every life serves a purpose in Gods plan, and that it's not up to us to guess what that might be.

6. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

My thoughts on abortion remain unchanged from what they were many years ago. I still feel that it's up to the mother and she must live with the consequences. Life began in her body and only she has the right to end that life.

Beth Gallagher and Frank Sanoica like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You've got a point. She is the only one still living with those consequences. Although responsible, she's not the one paying the consequences, however.

8. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Irrespective of what the film showed, we really have no way to measure the pain or suffering of the fetus.

9. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ann Leonard
    You then lacked Christian beliefs in the past? And now, Christian beliefs have re-shaped your thinking. I'm restating this way to ensure that I understand you. By "every life", do you mean every human life only, or every life including animal and plant life?

Frank

10. Ann Leonard

Registered

I have always considered myself a Christian, however, in recent years my faith has been strengthened. I have a wonderful pastor that has put many thing into perspective for me, and I feel as though my eyes have been opened.
    All life is precious

11. Ken Anderson

That's similar to the things they used to say about black people, that they weren't fully human and didn't have the same dreams or emotions as white people did, that they were like children and needed strong discipline, etc.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I never like abortion topics; they never seem to change anyone's mind and simply cause more derision. Personally I am pro-abortion but only by the "old rules" of 1st trimester. Late term, fully viable fetuses are a different matter, however. I think the government should butt out of decisions best made by a woman and her doctor.

The irony of "right-to-lifers" murdering doctors and staff at women's clinics hasn't failed to escape me, either.

Frank Sanoica and Lulu Moppet like this.
  13. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Whose rules are those Beth? Yours? There are reasons, always unfortunate, to go beyond your rules.
    "I think the government should butt out of decisions best made by a woman and her doctor." Me too.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

I view that much the same as capital punishment for murderers. In that I am opposed to capital punishment, I am opposed to the killing of abortionists too. However, if someone sees an unborn baby as being a baby, then the killing of someone who makes his living killing babies could be seen as protecting babies from being killed. Yes, abortion is legal, but euthanasia and genocide was legal in Germany once.

15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Not my rules. Texas bans abortions after 20 weeks post-fertilization, unless you have a life-threatening medical condition or the fetus has a severe abnormality. I believe those limits have been changed 3 times since Roe V Wade. I'm not familiar with the laws in other states.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.