Up On Your Soap Box

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Gloria Mitchell, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Craig Swanson

Craig Swanson Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Task Force Registered

[​IMG]The Ruby Princess cruise ship Covid -19 infections has now risen to 137 yet everyone is passing the buck over the blame for allowing the passengers to leave the ship. First Australian port and health authorities blamed the ship's master over an alleged erroneous email almost a week ago. Nothing has been written since,not even by Carnival Cruise Lines refuting those allegations. Now the Australian Border Force and NSW Health are blaming each other in spiteful tit for tat exchanges in the media. Hey instead of laying blame how about locating the remaining 2000 plus possibly infected passengers that are now scattered around the country and removing them to a safe place where they can not infect other Aussies..

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 7:01 PM
    Micki Pembroke likes this.
  2. Craig Swanson

Craig Swanson Greeter

I am a little baffled by this situation of throwing hundred of thousands of Australians out of work. Yes I understand that we have to protect our citizens.. But someone please tell me how hundreds of people standing outside one of scores of Sydney welfare offices for hours on end in long and wide queues is protecting the community.

Those now unemployed due to this virus will receive double their usual dole payment.. some $A1200. Two questions for my government. How do the authorities determine just who is eligible and who is not. My biggest query tho why is the government not giving what may be several million dollars, to owners of those establishments now closed to enable them to ride out this crisis and keep their businesses by continuing to employ those now jobless. Your view.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020 at 10:11 PM
    Milla Jonas and Micki Pembroke like this.
  3. Craig Swanson

Craig Swanson Greeter

My other rant for the day is how are supermarkets any different to other food service places that have now closed. Yes we all need to eat but surely supermarkets can not stay open indefinitely with the risk of infection by staff and customers. Looking at the daily news, supermarkets are jam packed from early morning to evening. Any one can infect another. I have a family member that works in a local market and the management have not even given them masks or any protection to avoid contamination. As long as the doors of these markets remain open those that shop and work there are in imminent danger of infection. Your view.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Veteran Member
    Registered

I’m just watching / listening to your Premier on NSW she staring to get really tough ...no more ships letting passengers off
    ANY ....SHIP in Sydney after the death of another person ....over night these people who let all those effected passengers off the effect ship SHOULD BE. charged for the death of passengers
    @Craig Swanson

Milla Jonas and Craig Swanson like this.
  5. Craig Swanson

Craig Swanson Greeter

Australian health officials maintain that the ship's chief doctor was told that any passenger with flu like symptoms had to be isolated from the well passengers prior to anyone leaving the Ruby Princess. If you recall in my first post that port and health officials were given alleged erroneous information regarding sick passengers which led to almost all passengers leaving, including the ones the ship's doctor was told to isolate. Why has there been no comment from Carnival Cruise Lines to clear up this matter and stop various Australian organisations apportioning blame and trashing the reputations of dedicated professionals.

There are now 147 confirmed cases with one fatality that of a 77 years old Sydney woman. Surely her death is manslaughter if it is discovered she is one of those that was foolishly not put into isolation by the ships doctor.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 7:24 PM
    Milla Jonas likes this.
  6. Craig Swanson

Craig Swanson Greeter

Gladys is as mad as hell because her government's senior health officials are being blamed for what happened.. when it appears that was not the case as I have described. There are three additional ships moored off our coast. Will be more than interesting to see what transpires with these.
    @Kate Ellery

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 10:10 PM
  7. Milla Jonas

Milla Jonas Active Member
    Registered

Us Aussie have to stick up for our rights and that’s to live in safe environment...we have most certainly been contaminated by others filthy eating/ living habits ...

Kate Ellery likes this.
  8. Craig Swanson

Craig Swanson Greeter

This new 24 hours trading for Sydney supermarkets and pharmacies is putting additional thousands of temp workers at risk of this virus so people can fill their bellies.

If I was in charge, instead of putting more staff and shoppers in harm's way I am reducing trading hours to the minimum, reducing prices and then scattering shopping times. I am telling every house hold to bulk buy.. those without freezers for bulk storage get a handout from the stimulus war chest to buy or rent a large freezer to use while they ride out this crisis.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020 at 9:45 PM
  9. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Greeter

My rant for today, so far, is simply this; it is a given that we all do not share the same religious or political beliefs. If you do not agree with one's comment on these topics, you would do well to refrain from mocking or stating negative remarks, simply based on how you feel. I do not care what you believe in, makes no difference to me whatsoever, but if I do state something I will report you if you mock me or anyone else in any way.

Micki Pembroke and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Veteran Member
    Registered

My GD who’s 25 has been unknowingly working with a passenger that was on that Ruby Princess
    ship ..she knew the worker was away but didn’t know she was on that ship
    My GD who’s name is Taylah has just got her results back 15 mins ago

YEAH ..,she negative ....I’m so happy

11. Craig Swanson

Craig Swanson Greeter

That is good news Kate. Boy you must have been having a tuff time waiting for the results. Now more than 200 from that ship have tested positive... and rising. Still no word from the cruise line.