Ups Dogs

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

There is a Facebook page called UPS Dogs, in which UPS drivers post pictures of the dogs and other animals they encounter while delivering packages. I'll include a few here for those of you who don't do Facebook or who don't click on links, and you'll see that, despite the name, they're not all dogs.

I thought this was particularly funny because, one day I had to stop Ella, our cat, from walking out with the UPS driver. Usually cautious around strangers, she, for some reason, thought it would be a good idea to accompany the UPS driver back to his truck. One reason she might like the UPS driver is that she's figured out that he's the guy who delivers her food and her treats; all I do is open the boxes. She acts like every package is intended for her.

ups-dog-deer.jpg ups-dog-toy.jpg ups-tiny-dog.jpg ups-sheep.jpg

2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

What a great idea. Maybe they should be posted on the sides of buses and some other trucks as well. I feel so bad when someone loses a dog either to a dognapper or it simply gets away, as Cody's did.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Cute pictures, but as a somewhat anal pet owner I cringe to see little animals on the loose near a roadway.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In many cases, they're probably in a driveway, but I know what you mean. I have always discouraged the cats from the front of the house for that reason. Since cats are more comfortable in the places where they have spent time with their owners, I never let her out the front door, and on the few occasions when she has come to the front to be with me as I worked on the front rock garden, I'd carry her to the backyard instead. It seems to work. I never see her in the front yard. She always goes to the back, because that's where we hang around with her. That's worked for all of my cats except Bird. Since she was feral when we took her in, she pretty much did what she wanted outdoors, but she was very conscious of traffic.

Bess Barber and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

On the Facebook page, it doesn't seem to indicate that these are stray dogs or other animals. They are just animals they encounter while
    delivering. This is smart of UPS. Instead of drivers perhaps being apprehensive or annoyed by people's pets, they think about getting a
    picture to submit to the company website.

Ken Anderson and Lois Winters like this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Great publicity for UPS.