User Friendly Web Sites? What A Joke For Some

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not talking about ours. I have spent the better part of two days screwing around trying to make some changes to a couple of accounts that I have for medical and prescriptions. Oddly enough, I have never had a problem with financial web sites that I use daily. What's a real laugh however is when the bad web sites ask you to complete their survey.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, especially those that ask, “could you take a few minutes to complete our survey”. I think one was so long that by the time I was finished with it my newly manicured fingernails needed another trim.

Bess Barber and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think the medical websites are a burden due to HIPAA regulations. Anytime the government gets involved with anything it invariably screws things up.

4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A bit off topic but I watched part of “Catch 22” last night.
    In one scene, two officers were talking about discharging soldiers who are crazy and the dialog went something like:
    Captain 1. Yes, the Army does discharge crazy people but they have to ask for it first.
    Captain 2. So I just ask for a crazy discharge and they will discharge me?
    Captain 1. No, they won’t do that because crazy people do not know that they are crazy so they wouldn’t ask.
    Captain 2. Then I wait around for someone to say I’m crazy and then they’ll give me the discharge.
    Captain 1. No, you have to ask first.

Back on topic:
    I used to go on a couple of veteran’s administration websites and sometimes it got so confusing that I had to stop.
    I would get on one page for my medication and it would refer me back to another whole website because the one I went to no longer has any of that information. Then, I went to the link and behold, it sent me directly back to the page that no longer carried the information I needed.
    And for the sake of sanity, I dare not to try to call any longer. Once, I got booted around so many times from one receptionist to another that at the end of it all, I forgot what the heck I called for in the first place.

And along those lines, did anyone try to get to the Obama Care website when it first kicked out?
    Oooo........that’s another story.....

Don Alaska likes this.