Vladimir Volegov

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Terry Page, May 25, 2017.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I came across the Russian contemporary artist Vladimir Volegov while looking for breakfast paintings.....I like the way he captures human expressions in both women and children....plus the way he conveys light.....

LINK

I was born on 19th of December, 1957 in Khabarovsk. The passion for drawing had begun in my earliest childhood. Until I was 12 years old I had often moved with my mother from one city of Ural Mountain to another. In 1969 my family moved to Krivoi Rog, Ukraine, where I went to art school №1. I started to earn money since 14 years old, by drawing a 3-meter posters for a cinema.

In 1982 I entered Lvov Poligraphic Institute. Since 1985 I have headed an association of artists in Krivoi Rog, “Splav”. In 1988 I moved to Moscow, where I started to work in several companies at the same time, “Melodia”, edition company “Plakat”, an advertising company “ReklamFilm”, also I was painting portraits on famous street of Arbat. I used to make designs of CD’s, albums covers, posters; since 1990 I have started to travel to Europe.

I have drawn portraits on streets of Barcelona, Wien, Berlin etc. Since 1991 I have participated in a project called “A month of Artists” in Wels, Austria. This project was successful during 10 years. In 2004 I have started to collaborate with Weinstein Art Management. I signed a contract with Soho Editions, after this I started successful collaboration with Galeries Bartoux in France and also with galleries in Spain, Italy. Currently I live and work in Spain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Truly amazing work, stunning !