Was There Once A Heavier Atmosphere And Giant Trees On Earth ?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Yvonne Smith, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

WARNING , Chrissy Page..... This is in the conspiracy thread, and we already know that Snopes will say this is not true. Turn around now, do not read any further.
    Rabbit holes ahead !
    There, now that we have put up the disclaimer, anyone who likes rabbit holes may continue on.

Here is one of the most widely read and fast-spreading topics on Youtube right now, and it concerns trees, specifically giant trees.
    As the interesting video will show you, we have some very interesting rock formations on earth that look like they could have once been part of trees. Petrified wood, sure; but these things are gigantic, they make the sequoia look small by comparison.
    Science and geologists say they must have been made by some kind of volcanic activity or lava flow; but when you examine these rocks, you can see that they do not resemble anything created by a volcano or a lava flow at all.
    A possible explanation is that at one time, the atmosphere was heavier on earth, and that allowed for creatures and plants to grow larger.
    An interesting topic brought up in the video concerns the dinosaurs. We really do not know how they actually lived, since their bones were not strong enough, their muscles were not large enough, and in the tall ones (long necks), their blood pressure would have been too high when it got to their head. A heavier atmosphere would help to explain this, too.

If this intrigues you, there are bunches more videos about this topic on youtube, both pro and con, and most of them are over an hour long, which is why I hunted for a short one that could at least partially explain the subject for us.
    Now..... I am not saying that I believe this either, I have to watch some of those really long videos before I decide if they could be right or not; but this is really an interesting subject, and one which we don't have any answers for that explain everything.

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

When I was in grade school, our teacher in (Catholic) religion said that before the pre-historic times, the earth is so clean and so different from the earth we know. So maybe if there is no pollution then the flora and fauna will be healthier and may cause them to grow beyond the limits that we see now. With those giant trees, it's not far fetched to have giant animals like dinosaurs. And maybe it's not only the trees and animals that are giants but also men. Do you remember Goliath, the giant warrior whom little David fought and defeated with a slingshot?

For me, pre-historic times is anything goes because no one really knows what was in the planet and how they evolved as they are now. On example is the chicken which is a descendant of the dinosaur.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

In Genisis 28 it says, 'And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and REPLENISH the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth'. The word 'replenish' tells me there were other times on earth way before we hit the scene. Other beasts, like dinosaurs, other people like 'cave men' or bigfoot types perhaps. Stands to reason there would have been different plants as well.

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Interesting there is always something we do not know. His therory fits better than most.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered