Watching The Pearl Harbor Movie Right Now And Wondering

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Babs Hunt, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

How realistic it is. I went to see this Movie at the Theater when it first came out and it made me feel all the emotions, etc. that in my opinion I would have felt if I was living in this season of life.

I wondered why I felt like watching this Movie again at this time and I realized it is because things are so unstable in our World at this time...and another "Pearl Harbor" could in my opinion happen at any time...and it is also my opinion that we would be just as unprepared for it.

In every Movie it is my opinion that we can always find some truth in it. Pearl Harbor has alot of truth in it and a lot of scenes that might make us feel emotions we don't want to feel...but at this time in my life I want to feel these emotions. I want to feel all the things that make me know I am still alive and feeling each moment of life that I have left in me.

Sometimes life can hit us so hard we just shut down and don't let ourselves feel anything anymore whether it is to protect ourselves from being hurt or numbing ourselves to life throwing things at us we just don't feel we can handle anymore. But as long as we are alive life is meant to be lived to the best of our ability...and often that means walking past the hurt and not letting ourselves become numb at what life sends our way. I think I like the Movie "Pearl Harbor" because it reminds me we can't take anything for granted...nor can we just let ourselves become numb because we don't like what life has handed us. My dad and mom lived through the times in this Movie...and we can live through our own "Pearl Harbors" too.

Tim Burr and Gary Ridenour like this.
  2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

I assume you mean the 2001 version. yes we had another one. the 911 surprise attack. on our home soil. a very low tech attack that worked. could it happen again?? yes i think it could. the world is on fire again. just like back then. and we knew they were going to hit us. where and when was the question. but that was a national effort fought here at home as well as over there. the nation pulled together and showed the world what we were capable of doing with our lives on the line. can we do it again today?? i think not. we'll never see that kind of mobilization again. in my opinion.

Chrissy Cross and Tim Burr like this.
  3. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

almost forgot them