Weight And Medications

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

From my previous experience in EMS and Senior Healthcare, there are certain medications that can cause some-to-a lot of weight gain. There are those that are overweight-to-pretty obese-to definitely obese and the weight can be due to medications being taken. Obviously, if a person is eating full plates of food at Golden Corral Buffet, medication is never a thought in people's minds...…….food is. If the same person is seen walking around in Walmart, overeating/food is the conclusion.

There are those that think "judging" a person due to their weight, or anything else, can be wrong, until those same folks have to sit beside a very obese man or woman on an airline or see them at a buffet with plates full of food. Of course, their problem could be the meds they are taking, but most of the public don't even consider they may be taking meds that are making them this weight.

Your feelings.

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I feel that it is a lot more involved than medications, or even just over-eating. I think there is something going on with our over-processed food supply that needs serious investigation.

3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

There are probably a great number of things that cause people to become overweight. Sometimes, it can also be genetics.
    Ofcourse, there is a big difference between being unhealthy or just carrying more weight than society has deemed is unacceptable.
    I'm so glad to see these opinions are changing and many entertainers, as well as the public, no longer feel they have to starve themselves to feel beautiful.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Yes, I'm glad that there are young ladies that don't have to starve themselves, like Karen Carpenter did, but still. The people that are in that tv show My Big Fat Fabulous Life don't seem to care at all about the weight they carry...……..and, they carry a LOT!!

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Don't know about today, but, back in the 70's, birth control pills could make a young lady gain weight. Put that weight on a young lady that is "big-boned" built, like my "ex" was, just doesn't look that good.