Well, It Got To Me!

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Tex Dennis, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

In my past I made many trips and longer rides on horseback, my GF and I rode many 1-3 day trips and all around where we lived, I found a picture recently of one of them she took I was closing a gate dismounted and it had 3 tie wires on it a very remote area on Federal land, I twisted the ends of the with in squares and circles when I shut it, this was in high school yesterday coming home I was thinking of those rides and days again well I was not to far from the area so made plans for today to take dog and go back there to the exact spot and just look, the grass was waist tall and wow there was the gate looking as I left it BUT the wire was still twisted as I had done all those years ago it appeared that it had not been opened since! That I honestly believe.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Your story gives a whole new meaning to the phrase:

images (75).jpeg

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bess Barber
    I choose the road LEAST traveled, then when I reach a fork in the road, I take it!
    Frank

5. Tex Dennis

Registered

We explored all over deep woods on horseback and the location is very remote with no reason to go there, no roads, I do honestly thing there is a good chance it has not been opened since we did in school, we also found a grave yard very old and remote that my uncle never heard of and it was his business to know them, the odd thing we showed it to him he had no records of it took some county officials to show then and never found it again, looking just days later! Thinking back it is hard to believe our parents let us do these rides.

6. Tex Dennis

Registered

I shall add 1 more since some like these things it seems besides me, one night bored to death my GF and I decided to go on a country road drive in my pickup, we went to where a small town used to be where her mother was born Mantua south of Sherman Texas, now ruins we were told as a tornado eliminated the town years ago, we saw a very old looking wooden falling down house and went for a look inside, many old things still there and was looking at the mantle and it moves revealing a stairway behind the fireplace well we had to go up it and a room bed and all there books and papers, there was an old school yearbook, looking in it she found her mother!! We took the book and she showed her mother, Mrs G got very strange acting then and inquires as to where we got this, we told the truth and were told to return it to the place we found it, she was very unsettled about the book, well my GF kept the book as her mother was in it 2 times at least we saw, her dad said mother acted very odd for awhile after we showed her the book, we never knew why then BUT later we find out reading all of it, they had a mention of adoption and she found that she was adopted and never knew it! I have not seen her since our divorce but I will bet you she still has that book. Mother knew the person whom the passages were written to and said she was long passed. Why GF kept it she said.

I have had many odd things such as these happen in my life.

Frank Sanoica and Nancy Hart like this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Tex Dennis
    Incredible! Wonderful story. Thank you for sharing it!
    Frank