What Are You Doing With the Film Photos Now?

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Von Jones, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:When I was growing up my Mom was a camera bug. She loved to take moving pictures of me and the family. Grandpa and Granma lived with us, so every weekend we'd have family gatherings to keep the family together. I have 2 huge boxes of films and slides that I just don't know what to do with them too. The equipment we can sell, but we won't have anything to watch our film and slides with if we sell our equipment. All of us are Senior Citizens now.:( Guess I'll just have to throw out our old film and slides. I'll research and find what to do with my old slides and films.

2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

All my photos are stored in an old army foot locker. The overflow is in a cardboard box. Sometimes I paw through them, but that makes me feel sad.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Just don't get a virus in your computer or you may lose all of those saved photos. Depending on what the virus is, a computer repair place, like Best Buy, can retrieve info from your computer, but they do charge a cost.

We don't keep any photo's on our computer and very few on our iPhones. I have scanned a LOT of our photos and put them on USB's. I have 4 different USB's for our photos. We have a total of 8 USB's of photos. Keep 4 at home and 4 in Safe Deposit Box at bank.
    After scanning the photos, we toss some and ship the rest to SIL.
    If your computer crashes, and you didn't save the prints, you could be out-of-luck.
    Another thing, too many things on a computer, like photos, can slow the thing down in operation.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

In the process of scanning all of our prints into photo software, do a little editing and then Export them to USB's. I have separate USB's for our Wedding/Reception, Digital Camera video clips, all photos we taken in the last 14 years of our marriage and a USB of all of our old (some really old) of wife's family/vacations, etc. I have a copy of all the USB's in our bank SDB. We just had too many photo albums and photo cd's. Out of 4 plastic storage bins of photo albums, I got 4 photo albums left to scan. It takes time, but, "hey, I'm retired!"