What Are Your Experiences On Deal Dash

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Krissttina Isobe, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I'd like to get a laptop at DealDash.com. I'd never used a bidding site before, but it seems DealDash.com seems the only was I can get my own laptop. Has anyone ever gotten anything from DealDash.com? Have you gotten any electronics from DealDash.com? Is it true what the television commercials say free shipping always? How was your experiences bidding and getting your items from DealDash.com?

2. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I have seen the commercials, too. From reading a few of the reviews on the link @Ken N Louis posted, it sounds as if some are very happy, and others very unhappy. That's to be expected on any site, especially an auction site, but what really concerned me was how confusing the process sounds, because that increases the changes of a problem occurring. I'll stay away. I tried to look into Tophatter before, but also found it very complicated, so stopped going to the site. There are sites you can get deals on, such as Tigerdirect, rakuten.com and others. I'd stick with those, because I've purchased on both before, as well as some others.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

From what I read about Dealdash, it is not a very cheap place to get anything, and the commercials are very misleading.
    They will show you some happy lady bragging about how she just got a laptop for $4.14, (or some such equally ridiculous amount); but it does not say that you bid in pennies, and each bid costs you around a dollar just to bid. So, that $4.14 cents would have cost over $400 to bid that many pennies worth . Then, if you are not the (lucky?) winner, you can use the $400 you just spent bidding, towards purchasing the laptop.
    I am only comfortable using eBay myself, and everything is pretty much right upfront there.
    Laptops are becoming so old-fashioned now that you should be able to find some great bargains on a laptop on eBay if you set a limit, and do a lot of looking and bidding.
    At least on eBay , the bidding does not cost you just to bid.

5. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Veteran Member
    Registered

I found that local FaceBook and Craigslist are better places to buy stuff..

6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@Krissttina Isobe Here's another site you could try. This link should take you to their laptops, and I've sorted them lowest price first. I've only purchased from them once, but it was just a few weeks ago, and I was very happy with the quality and speed of delivery. Also, be sure to check into Ebates first, if you're not already a member, because on a larger purchase like a laptop, you could get some decent money back. Last I checked, the cash back on this site was 1%. Also, I think right now they have free shipping on everything, which could save you a lot, since shipping to Hawaii's usually more expensive.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.