What Did W W I I Accomplish?

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Don Alaska, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

wiki article excerpt:
    "
    Beyond the compulsory sterilization program in the Rhineland, there was no coherent Nazi policy towards African Germans.[14] In one instance, when local officials petitioned for guidance on how to handle an Afro-German who could not find employment because he was a repeat criminal offender, they were told the population was too small to warrant the formulation of any official policy and to settle the case as they saw fit.[15] Due to the rhetoric at the time, Black Germans experienced discrimination in employment, welfare, and housing, and were also barred from pursuing a higher education;[16] they were socially isolated and forbidden to have sexual relations and marriages with Aryans by the racial laws.[17][18] Black people were placed at the bottom of the racial scale of non-Aryans along with Jews, Slavs and Romani/Roma people.[19]

Some of the black people managed to work as actors in films about the African colonies. Others were hired for the German Africa Show, a human zoo touring between 1937 and 1940.[20]"

-----------added excerpt>
    "...some German commanders undertook to separate black people from captured French units for summary execution.[22] There are also documented cases of captured African American soldiers in the United States Army suffering the same fate.[23]

In the absence of any official policy, the treatment of black prisoners of war varied widely, and most captured black soldiers were taken prisoner rather than executed.[24] However, violence against black prisoners of war was also never prosecuted by Nazi authorities.[25] In prisoner of war camps, black soldiers were kept segregated from white and generally experienced worse conditions than their white comrades. Their conditions deteriorated further in the last days of the war.[23] Roughly half of the French colonial prisoners of war did not survive captivity.[26] Groups such as North Africans were sometimes treated as black, sometimes as white.[27]"

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, Sir, Japan whipped up on China, Germany whipped up on a couple of Eastern European countries and Poland..
    I'd have been nervous as hell also if I'd be Black in Germany and for that matter I'd be almost as nervous if I was
    Black in the United States

3. Bill Boggs

Registered

I suspect the survival of the fittest came from our creation whether it was God's idea or the DNA with in us as part of our brain's makeup.

The big boy is likely to whip up on the little boy, the Puma is likely to whip up on the antelope, the bear is likely to whip up on whoever he wants and the country with the best weaponry and strategy is most likely to whip up on three countries opposing the big boy's alliance. However fthis discussion could go on for ever I suppose but iot was what it was at the time. War 2 was the cause of many being killed. That's more or less what war is all about.
    Beat the dickens out of the enemy until he meets the victor's demands. Surrender or Die. Survival in the animal kingdom means the loser is often a meal for the winner, Among the more civilized, it means death or enslavement, depending on the good nature of the winning beast. Now lastly, I didn't know what trhe heck you were talking about. Had I known where you were coming from I might have given a better answer.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

In a way the Nazi never lost the war Germany did but the high ranking Nazi were take by other countries for their rocket programs and the few that were taken to jail on war crimes were released and went back to high places in the medical/drug industry. Even Hitler was reportedly by CIA documents escaped to South America. In the US right now the people who claim to be antifa are acting exactly like the Nazi

5. Boris Boddenov

Boris Boddenov Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

From a purely selfish perspective, I'm happy with our response to WWII even though dad paid a price for which he received two Purple Hearts -- to go along with his Bronze Star -- because the past 77 years have been better for me than I believe would have been the case if the Axis had prevailed.

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Japan killed a lot of Chinese, just as the Nazis killed a lot of Russians, but Japan's attack on China was much like Germany's attack on the Soviet Union--an ill-conceived campaign based on bad (perhaps racist) assumptions that were very wrong. Of course, neither China nor the USSR would've held out very long without American and British assistance.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Why would anyone think or suspect that ? Neither God nor dna says that the stronger will prevail. Even the ungodly admit often and show more often that chance is more important to survival or success than fitness,
    and
    God's Word says plainly that He Chooses the weak and things that are not, to confound the strong or the wise.
    The brain by birth (unregenerated) is flesh, is subject to flesh, and (literally) profits nothing (rather leads all on the way to destruction) .

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Going off the beaten path, there were quite a few accomplishments during WWII. Now, it’s up to history to tell whether it was the war that promoted many of the innovations but they happened nonetheless during wartime. Some things are obviously subjective but many inventions and innovations can indeed be attributed to war.

Rocketry has been around for a thousand years but during WWII it was made it into a science not to mention that missile development was also underway.
    Penicillin made it’s entry in 1942 but was not available in the U.S. until the year the war ended in 1945.
    The study of physics goes back way before Newton but the war era was the real awakening when the atom became center stage.
    Although jet engines had been patented around the 30’s, they were first used in flight in the 40’s.
    Synthetic rubber and oil were first developed during WWII.
    How about radar for weather and enemy ship detection?

It’s a given that the development of many things during wartime were for war but in the aftermath, much of the inventions in science and medicine formed the foundation for today’s technology.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know that much about the EU, or WWII for that matter, but I think it's a stretch to compare the EU to Hitler's atrocities.

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

I guess all that's good if you think it is. Sometime I'm inclind too say 'the Lord's hind leg' when people refer to scriptures.
    The biggest and best factor about War 2 is we won but there are many side benefits, we don't have to learn german or
    japanese, the Italians we're not much of a factor so far as the war was concerned. I suspect the good book is a conspiracy
    theory but should there be an actual God, I suspect he thinks so too.

11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I thought that Japan beat on China, too, but on closer examination, the principal reason that china didn't come out victorious over Japan was the conflict between the Chinese Nationalists and the Chinese Communists. If China had united, and if the British didn't do what they did, China may well have been victorious.

Joe Smith likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It also developed a lot of techniques for manipulating a nation's populations. You can almost find direct parallels between the way people, particularly the German people, were manipulated before the war and the way things are going now--media censorship and control, corrupt elections, false flag events, etc. Perhaps the "Capitol Riot" is equivalent to the Reichstag fire. Also, the dividing of the population with hatred toward a group or ethnicity. While the President is a puppet, the real power has yet to be revealed.

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, that’s true but the same can be said of the Roman Empire. Roman law only protected a Roman and toward the end of it’s days the Senate was a joke. So far as media censorship goes, a person could lose his or her tongue or the whole head for saying the wrong thing to the wrong person.

The search for power over the powerless has been around since the days of Nimrod but the point I was trying to make is that there were more positive developments during WWII than any other war.
    Millions of people died and for that there is no excuse because there is no need for war other than to obtain or thwart power. That said, with all the ugliness that war produces we can still say that there were indeed some accomplishments.

Whether or not we could have done without the Volkswagen is still up in the air though. There are still some hippies at heart here so I wouldn’t dare lay any bad paper down about the Volkswagen Bus.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

War...Absolutely nothing!

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

You cannot really compare The Romans and such to modern societies. The Romans had the games and verbal communication, but as was said in Jesus Christ Superstar, "No mass communication". The Nazis perfected the manipulation of the masses by manipulating print and radio. Books disagreeing with the party line were burned, newspapers controlled or shut down, and electronic media taken over. The Bolsheviks had done this to a lesser extent, but their way included a lot of mass murder, which was used by the Nazis later in the program.

With all the censoring of information, shutting down communication accounts, and the takeover of the mass media, I just see a lot of similarities to what the Germans did. Indoctrination of the children in the schools was also used by Hitler et al. to "grow the future".

Bobby Cole likes this.