What Do You See When You Look In The Mirror?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Joe Riley, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Some mornings, when I look into the mirror, I see my Dad looking back at me. I have to smile.;)

Practical Devotional - What do you see when you look in the mirror?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow... okay, I guess what I see when I look in the mirror is the little girl I used to be. That's deep on a few levels :)... but I always saw myself that way. There's a Paula Dukure song where the chorus lyrics say "If you wanna see who can make you happy, look in the mirror." I'll post it here, but be aware her music is an acquired taste.
    ----

Joe Riley and Ike Willis like this.
  4. Mari North

Registered

@Joe Riley !!! Is that you?! Did anyone ever tell you that you look exactly like Abe Lincoln?! Seriously. hehe Obviously I'm having another silly day. And yes, I'm blonde... golden blonde, though, not to be confused with *those* blondes! :rolleyes: (I will be so embarrassed if anyone thinks I'm serious!) :D

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Let's see.........a really good-looking man for being the age of 66.......at least that's what my wife would say.:D Another thing I see is a former Navy Sailor who can still Stand At Attention and do a Hand Salute. A former rock drummer who can still twirl the drumsticks he has. A former rodeo cowboy who still looks great in Western clothes.........and my wife would say that as well. But, then again, she is still good-looking at her age and when she puts on her Western clothes, all I can say is........WOW!:):D

Joe Riley likes this.
  7. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Veteran Member
    Registered

I see a happy young reflection of myself that for some odd reason does not look the same as the "me" in pictures. When someone takes my picture I think to myself do I really look that old?? Nah! Just a bad photographer. lol

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I see a "seasoned" woman whose journey through life has sometimes been full of joy (which shows in my eyes and my smiles) and sometimes brought much sadness (shown by the frown lines) around my mouth and the unseen sadness in my heart). I see a woman who knows who she is, what she believes in, and knows she is loved. I see glimpes of my Mom every now and then and some of my sisters too. A little more each day I see the woman I was meant to be and I like her just fine.

9. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Without my glasses on I look good in soft focus, ........with my glasses on increasingly like a prune :rolleyes:
    I did see my father in me years ago, but since he died at 54 he never got to look this old, so that has faded along with most of me.;)

Patsy Faye and Joe Riley like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I see my father. :( ......out of 4 children I am the one he hated and I am the one that looks like him.

11. Mari North

Registered

Oh my goodness, @Sandy Wood , do I hear ya! :D I see the girl I saw when I graduated from school... which on a basic level, I know is ridiculous. Then when I meet up with a school mate who says I haven't changed at all and ask how I did that, I just assume they're pulling my leg and I'm pretty well convinced that they are.

Something I've noticed with my classmates... there was recently another reunion and although I wasn't able to attend in person, there were lots of Facebook pictures. And ya know, it's shocking how some look *really* old, but there really *are* a few who look the same, and even better.

The one "girl" in particular I hadn't seen for a few years and I had the class pic on the screen when my daughter came by... she asked who it was and when I told her, she said "Oh my, time was not kind to her, was it?" I've noticed it's about half and half... some of them look over 60 (older than our actual age) and some look in their 30s. I'd love to know the difference and what determines on which side someone's lot is cast.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I see a Senior Citizen raring for her Senior discounts! I see a woman who wishes they had a creme that took away turkey neck for can't afford cosmetic surgery for it. I see an older version of me with the longest hair I've ever had in my life!

13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Just tell me....:eek:
    [​IMG]

14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Please, why do you feel he hated you, and did he hate only you? I sense quite a serious family dysfunction lying beneath your words, but of course, it's content is WAY beyond any of my business. In my own family, my younger nephew believes he is not quite right as an adult, due to being, now, an Adult Child of Alcoholic Parents. He joined ACAP sometime ago.....his own persona is flawlessly dedicated to goodness. He has a heart of gold, and is "used" frequently by "friends". Recently retired, his career placed him in a position of guiding young adults: Student Advisor at a college.

Do you feel, again none of my business, your feelings about your father "set" ingrained doubts in your own being about men in general?

15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think so, Frank. All the other male relatives in my family were kind and loving as was my husband.

I have always had more males as friends than females and seem to get along better with them. My father is a non issue for me. I never even think of him unless it's brought up.

Holly Saunders likes this.