What Great Movie Have You Never Seen?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ruth Belena, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never seen Star Wars. When the original movie was first shown on TV, I switched it off because what I did see of it I found boring. I've heard about the prequel and sequels, but never had any desire to view any of them. It's not because they are sci-fi. I've seen 2001 multiple times and I've enjoyed other space adventures.

I haven't ever seen the Lord of the Rings sequence either, or any of the Harry Potter movies, but that's because I'm not into fantasy.

Are there any great blockbuster movies you've never seen?

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Probably too many to even list in this post.
    It might be easier to list the blockbuster movies that I have seen, I think.
    I definitely have not seen any of the Harry Potter movies, the Lord of the Rings, and I don't like Pirates of the Carribean either, although I actually watched the first one of those.
    I haven't watched any of the newer vampire or zombie movies, or anything along that line, and certainly not the ones where they slice/chop people up.
    Since I don't watch much television; I have not seen any of the new releases on TV either.
    I saw 2-3 of the Star Wars movies, and loved those, especially the first one.
    I don't care for musicals, or most comedies; so I haven't seen any of those to speak of.
    (By now, you are probably figuring that I am not much of an entertainment person, and that is actually pretty close to being correct.)

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't seen "The Passion of the Christ."

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

That is the Mel Gibson one, right , Von ? I have not seen that one either. Mel Gibson makes seriously gruesome movies, and far too much realism for me in any case (so I have avoided all of the movies he has made lately), and I certainly didn't want to watch the agony of the crucifixion in any case.
    When I was in Junior high, we had a traveling group that went from place to place and presented the "Passion Play" with real actors on a stage. They were performing in Spokane, so our school used one of the school busses and took all of the kids to see the play that wanted to go. (public schools sure would not be likely to do that now ! )
    The play was impressive, and even that was far too realistic for me, even though it was very well presented.

5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, that's the one. Even with all the recognition and reviews whether good or not so good I have never wanted to see it. It's a personal choice such as your own for wanting to see it or not.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I have not seen Dune, although I enjoyed the books. I have not heard from anyone who has, so I don't know if it was considered to be a good movie.

7. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

Most of the "Great" movies I have not seen. I liked the first couple of editions of Star Wars but they got a little to out there for me. I am not a big movie person. I look at very little tv I like to spend what time I do have reading a book.