What Have You Got New This Week

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Holly Saunders, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I haven't done much shopping lately. I bought an e-book the other day, then these big eye needles yesterday. I go through these needles a lot, and after I ordered them I realized I should have ordered two packs, but oh well. I'll be happy when they arrive, but for now I'm working on an embroidery project. big eye needles.jpg

Ruby Begonia and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I bought a Gap Academy Blazer this week...some slim fit jeans from Next, and a Myriad crop jacket in peach from Damsel in a dress as well as a Blue and pink multi colour summer top

http://www.damselinadress.co.uk/shop/coats-and-jackets/jackets.aspx

Also bought a Wine bottle vacuum saver top..(thing) for keeping the wine sealed after it's been opened, if it's not in a screw top bottle..

...a few other various vest tops and t-shirts as well...

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

*drum roll*

I finally did it. I was able to scrape together enough money to buy a roku. I really want a roku 2, but for now I'm going to make do with the streaming stick. My plan is to ease my way into cutting the cord. I can stream Netflix and Hulu on my blu-ray (unless they've stopped supporting older equipment the way YouTube has), so I might be able to just shuttle the stick between the office and bedroom up here, and use the blu-ray to stream programming when I'm downstairs. I might just do without live television once I cut off the cable, unless I decide to use my old antennas and see what I can pick up that way. Doing without the DVR will be my biggest adjustment, but if I quit smoking, I'm sure I can quit the DVR habit.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  4. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good for you @Diane Lane :D

It;s my daughters' 40th Birthday in April and she's coming over from Spain for a big party the weekend before her big day..just for 3 days ...yesterday I bought the gifts I know she'll love...

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Bet you can't wait!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Registered

That sounds like it's going to be a huge fun party @Holly Saunders. 3 days doesn't sound like much, but I'm sure y'all will pack in a lot, and have a great time! Happy Birthday to her!!

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh it's not a 3 day party ...it's just a 3 day visit..2 of which has to be business for her..and only one of those days will be her birthday celebration...I wish she could be here for longer, but unfortunately it's not possible.. :(

You're right @Chrissy Page I am looking forward to seeing her, she's been through so much recently... several times in the last few weeks I've wanted just to fly over to her, but she absolutely forbade it, she just didn't want me to have to take time away from work etc....instead I speak to her every day ...it'll be great to have her here and celebrate her big day..even tho' it's a few days in advance.. :D

8. Diane Lane

Registered

Haha, Oh, I didn't figure it would be a 3-day party, but hopefully you'll get to see her even though she'll be working part of the time she's there. I'm sure you'll both appreciate even one day together :).

Oops, I forgot, I ordered some huge binder clips the other day. It was funny, I didn't get shipping notification until the clips had actually been delivered. Fed-Ex was at the door when I got the notice stating that they'd been shipped and should be here next week...odd. I needed the clips for a project, so I'm glad they're here, although I'm already in the middle of a different project right now.

9. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Only food the same as @Chrissy Page ...............and a couple more wrinkles
    [​IMG]

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't even look anymore. Did you ever look in a magnifying mirror? You'll be depressed for days.:)

11. Terry Page

Registered

I am already wearing magnifying glasses to write this, that's enough real life for me upload_2016-3-2_18-0-11.png

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

This is what I'm talking about.....

image.jpg

13. Terry Page

Registered

Yes I have no intention of buying an instrument of torture like that .............

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Maybe that why I hardly ever put eye make up on, since I need one of those to put it on.

My skin looks so perfect until I take a look in those mirrors and then it's like where did all those little whiteheads come from around my nose??

Terry Page likes this.
  15. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

I meant to pick up a few groceries this morning but after leaving my first stop, Home Depot, I was freezing cold so I came home for brunch an my jacket. It turned cold and windy suddenly!

I bought paint for the upstairs bath, 2 new towel bars with the same brushed nickel finish as the new light fixture that was installed yesterday, a new shower curtain rod & curtain hooks. I already have the new shower curtain and some new bath towels.

Catching up on some news and will be running out later to pick up some groceries.

tmp_4825-$_3.JPG-1886866377.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016