What Have You Got New This Week

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Holly Saunders, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

My bath has off white tiles halfway up the walls. I hate that there is a thin teal blue strip near the top of the top row of tiles. I'm not a blue person when it comes to decorating. So, since I'm not about to tear down all the tiles, I'm stuck with the blue.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm into neutral colors and add color with accent pieces. I also don't have blue anywhere in my house.

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

A very bad sinus infection! And I'd gladly give it back if I could.

4. Ruby Begonia

Registered

@Holly Saunders those jackets are nice!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Ouch! Poor Babs.:(

6. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

So sorry Babs. ... hope it's better soon.

I say I never buy anything ... well I lied. Today I decided to replace the front door entrance coat rack.
    The grandkids come over on weekends and throw their backpacks and jackets all over the entryway, and the old rack had enough ... couldn't stand up to their abuse anymore. :eek:
    So I splurged on a bigger heavy duty rack with seating.

Oh, and I bought a cute tooth fairy dinosaur pillow that has a pocket for lost teeth, and a place for the tooth fairy to leave some loot. .... talking here about baby teeth .:p:D..
    have a now 6 yr. old that can make good use of it hopefully.

7. Ruby Begonia

Registered

@Diane Lane, how is the Roku working out? A couple in Walmart the other day were telling me that Blue Ray was now a problem but I didn't understand what they meant. Well, enjoy streaming!

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Holly Saunders , agree with Ruby about the clothes and jackets. Took a good look at the site, I see some things I liked. In fact I see lots of things I liked. Looks like good quality high end clothing....out of my budget.

@Bonnie Thomas , the 12 yr old still milks the tooth fairy....no cute little pillow though, he just gets an iTunes card.

@Babs Hunt , sorry, don't think anyone wants your sinus infection. Feel better! That is one thing I've never had but heard they are terrible.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh I always buy the clothing when they're on Sale @Chrissy Page , because they are such good quality and I wear them to work, I couldn't justify paying the full price for them, but I need to be as smart as possible without breaking the bank of Holly.. :D

Chrissy Cross and Ruby Begonia like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

My daughter only buys on sale too. As professional women you do have to look good.

11. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders nice jackets. I like the look, but my body frame is more comfortable in v-necks (I'm not a blazer/jacket type).

I bought 2 pair of casual black slippers that can also be worn outside. Clearance sale.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  12. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@Ruby Begonia http://www.todayshomeowner.com/how-to-paint-over-ceramic-tile-in-a-bathroom/ You could paint over that portion of the tile. A lot of new paints have been developed over the past several years. I'm sure the prevalence of house flippers and increased demand of being able to do things such as painting tile, instead of tearing the whole section out is the reason, but it can benefit regular people, too.

I've been under the weather, so haven't even plugged the Roku in yet. Like @Babs Hunt, I have a sinus infection and all the accompanying symptoms, so have been lying low. I'm trying to clear off the DVR for when I cut the cable, since I'll lose the shows if I don't watch them first.

I got some beading needles that I'd ordered, and also received the huge binder clips, which truly are huge.

13. Ruby Begonia

Registered

Sorry you're sick @Diane Lane. Please take it easy. The link you provided is much appreciated since I HATE the way the bathroom looks now since my GS painted it yesterday. I really hate it!!! I don't know what burns me up more, the blue paint or having to go through repainting and tile painting as well. (Groan). I hope you enjoy TV with the Internet now. Thanks for that link.

Diane Lane and Holly Saunders like this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane I actually ending up having the flu with a sinus infection. Thank God I got my flu this year and the sinus infection actually was worst than my bout of flu. Hope you feel better real soon Diane!

15. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

animated-laughing-image-0175.gif

Terry Page likes this.