What Have You Got New This Week

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Holly Saunders, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Today I went out for multivitamins, a few cabinet organizers and a new toothbrush holder.

I also picked up a pair of white crop pants, a pair of demin crops. A peach top and a plaid shirt. Oh, also a toy for doggie!

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good job, Ruby!! When you say cropped pants, do you mean capris?

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  3. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, Chrissy.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Linda you are an absolute riot laugh out loud I'm using that darn voice to text because I'm in bed but I just read your post and just cracked up hope I get to talk to you tomorrow Denise

5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

The latest thing I've bought was a pair of leggings well they're athletic workout leggings spandex them something shiny I don't know anyway I only had one pair of workout pants so I had to get another pair for obvious reasons lol

Chrissy Cross and Ruby Begonia like this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I've put on 16 lbs so it's another size up to what I was, not huge but noticeably different of course...but as you rightly say health is more important...

7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I loved the blouse too as soon as I saw it Karen.. :)..and yes like Chrissy says..North Face jackets are very popular here too..although I'm not too bothered about a '' designer name'', I do like to feel I'm getting quality where possible..

8. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy, when I quit smoking I gained 40 pounds over about a 2 year period. It took another 2 or 3 years to get back to my normal weight. But quitting smoking was well worth it. That was over 20 years ago.

9. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Actually, last week. Got a used IPhone 5 and I'm loving it. I have a IPad Air so everything is so much simpler now. I can even answer my phone on my IPad. If you ever need to sell or buy phones, iPads, etc., check out Gazelle.com. Great folks to deal with.

10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I bought my first bluetooth earphone set this week, I am amazed at the high quality sound it gives, it has noise cancellation as well as isolation, so should be good on my aircraft flights, as engine/cabin noise often interferes with listening.
    Having no trailing lead is another advantage as I was always catching it on something.

They only cost £15 in the US $18 so a real bargain for the quality.

51jQg86G7UL.jpg

11. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

I bought a new light fixture for over the kitchen sink. For the first time in over 20 years I have a light there. My husband told me long ago he'd get around to rewiring it and putting in a new fixture and by golly he did!!!

12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

So true, Karen! Pickles doesn't care what I wear as long as he doesn't have to wear anything.

Kind of wish he liked to dress up, at least a stylish sweater in the winter, but no...he'll bite if you even try.

13. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

An update on these earphones which I have been using every day since I bought them, they have changed my life in that I can listen to music while wandering about the house or garden, without taking the tablet/laptop with me and the quality is so good, I get completely lost in the music.
    Music has always been my lifeblood from childhood and I can indulge myself even more now. ;)

Excellent for watching movies as well.

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

These are a few of the new things I got this week while shopping with my sister. I don't care to shop much but spending my Birthday money with my "twin" sister actually turned out to be a very enjoyable experience. :)
    IMG_2454.JPG

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, let's see. We ordered, online, a new Battery Charger/Tender specifically for Marine Batteries. The new one is much faster at charging a marine battery than the other one we have.

Then, wife and I decided, since it was on sale for some $330 off, to get me an Adult Supreme Edition Darth Vader Costume. Already have one, but not nearly as good as this one. Yes, it costs, but wife and I absolutely love the way it looks............just like it came off of the Star Wars Episodes 5 and 6 sets. Heavy duty injection molded plastic and the lights on the chest and belt light up. Really cool looking. One thing to always remember, people (in all age groups) use their money in different ways, from gambling to buying a nice motorhome, new "dressed" motorcycle, going on a cruise and so on.

Anyway, will be selling my other costume.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
    Babs Hunt likes this.