What Little Things Drive You Up The Wall?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Arlene Richards, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I see....of course I don't and couldn't shop every day, not that I'd want to even if I had the time...I do a weekly or fortnightly grocery shop...so it's a lot of stuff!!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

We use Scottish Gas (as British Gas like to call themselves here in an attempt to appeal to the nationalist vote) for electric and gas. They're far from ideal, but we used to have electric from Scottish Power and they are murder. We were having a look at alternatives and thought that maybe the Co-op might be a possibility, since they at least retain some ethical business policies. Unfortunately, a bit of research suggested that Co-op Energy is, well, a bit rubbish.

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I can imagine. My daughter and son are the same. Sometimes I don't even know where it will all fit. Of course daughter has 2 boys and the teenager can eat a lot and my son has 3 little boys, no matter which way you look at it, they need a lot of food!

Also all my stores are very close, so I'm not even wasting gas and it gets me out of the house.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Registered

We also use British gas for both utilities as well..best of a bad bunch really...thank god we don't get flooded around here..

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

My worst times are summer because you need A/C 24/7 in Fresno. But I don't have to heat too much in the winter, and since I'm gone half the month anyway, even in the summer my bill isn't too bad. My water, sewer and garbage bill is usually higher than my electric and gas bill.

6. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in US....
    While there might be stores that carry your groceries out or offer to if you have a lot, by far most do not. That's why they have cart corrals in the parking lot.

What's annoying is people who unload then leave their cart floating around blocking parking spaces.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  7. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

We have been with Co-op energy on and off for several years and always found them fine, until a year or so ago when they changed the software which caused the billing system to fall apart.

I had no money taken out of my account for several months despite there being a direct debit in place. I finally sorted it out by email a few weeks ago and all is ok now. I think most bad reviews refer to an overloaded customer services by phone, so I didn't even attempt to call them.
    They are ethically better than most and offer a good tariff, I used Scottish Energy in the past but they became too expensive.

Tom Locke likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't have a choice. My gas electric company is PG&E.

9. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Would you believe it in light of what I'd just been talking about? We've just had a power cut that lasted for two hours or so. Honestly, I'm not making this up. I don't know how widespread it was, but the whole town was affected. Shops had to close up and there were alarms going off everywhere. Utter chaos.

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

We have Trolleys ( Carts ) too...but we have to put a pound coin (equal to almost a dollar and a half) in to release one, that way people always return them to the trolley station...if it was free, as it used to be a few years ago, then they are not only left all over the Car park in the way and blown into peoples' cars causing damage as well , but people who live nearby push their shopping home in them, and then they're abandoned all over the place..alleyways, streets , in rivers and streams , you name it...

Arlene Richards likes this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Have you got storms up there at the moment, Tom?

12. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

stepping on my dog's toys
    the neighbor outside yelling into her phone
    people receiving chatty phone calls on their cell phones when visiting with me
    people who leave their dogs outside to bark all day

13. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Nothing like. Just the usual grey skies and a light drizzle. There's barely a breeze, even. I haven't seen anything on the BBC Scotland website and nobody in town seemed any the wiser.

14. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

They are all still free in Worcester, apart from Aldi, but they have some mechanism where if you take them more than about 20 yards from the store, and cross a red line the wheels lock, I presume it's some magnetic device.

15. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

:mad: People who use public rest rooms and don't bother to flush or wash their hands. Filthy disgusting pigs.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016