What People Spend Money On Today

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

With the really good salaries and retirements (pensions or 401K) that people get today, it's no wonder that so many folks, including Baby Boomers and before, are buying so many new things. This does hold true for some, while not so much or at all, for others.

New vehicles, nice homes, boats, motor homes, cruise ship vacations, Disney World vacations, electronics, nice dinners out.........just seems like the list doesn't stop.

Some people want the "latest, greatest" of a lot of things.

Sure didn't have the "spending" thing when I was growing up. Heck, I got a transistor radio for one birthday and anyone would have thought that I was given a million dollars in cash to spend. Yes, I was that happy.
    Most new things that I, and my step-parents got, was at Christmas..........definitely not all year long.

I have two classmates that have very nice pension incomes from being teachers. Their husbands also have a nice monthly pension. It seems like they are always traveling somewhere.

Anyway, it just something to see what people spend money on today! Some of us think it's a waste of money, while others think "darn that's nice, wish I could afford that." or "yep, gonna get that."

Not sure if I want to ask, "what do you think?" because I already know how some of you feel about spending money on things that you believe to be useless or whatever.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I will start this Thread off with us (wife/I) and what some folks would think is "goofy-nonsense" things we've bought:

A nice, and somewhat expensive, Darth Vader costume last year. We both really wanted me to get it, so we did. Fortunately, the costume was around 1/2 off due to buying it in April. Had to have some alternations done that wasn't very cheap, but it fits me nice now.

Bought wife another Stormtrooper costume, because the old one was just too tight on her. Cost some, but really looks good on her.

Wife bought me a Minions Stuart toy for my birthday. Yes, I like the Minions. It talks, laughs and farts. Yes, my kind of toy!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017