What To Do With Old Computers?

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Ed Wilson, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I recently successfully loaded Win10 on a 2006 laptop with no problem. It was running Win7 so I decided to give it a shot... nothing ventured, nothing gained. I was able to download the free upgrade from Microsoft. It took a couple of hours for the upgrade to complete but the laptop works fine now.

Now that I think about it, I don't believe the Win10 upgrade is free for Vista owners, so you'd have to buy a license. Not sure that computer would be worth the expense.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Sitting in one corner, taking up space, is my old Dell pc. It has a really nice metal case. I dreamed of upgrading it one day, just to see if I could do it. Probably won't ever happen. May be cheaper to just buy a new one (with a plastic case).

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  3. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

Because i hate getting new tech stuff, usually a big challenge for my lack of smarts. I started with a Windows Vista, had it upgraded to Windows 7, then to Windows 8, found Windows very confusing on the most part, and having to pay for upgrades. I got an ipad, later in time, loved it, then added my Macs, never been sorry for that, all updates free, it notifies me when upgrades are available, all i do is click. :):):):):). I use Norton Safe Search, Norton clean, etc. The only past computers i have now is a Toshiba Windows 8, sitting in the closet, nothing wrong with it, can't remember how to take my security stuff off, because i didn't have the habit of writing things down, now i write everything down, my first ipad i gave to my daughter, had a short life, the kids smashed the screen. There are recycling places around for old stuff, but i don't plan on replacing any, any time soon, takes me so long to get used to new stuff. I replaced my cell recently, i'm keeping my old one for a spare. There, i'm done now, are you bored yet. :p:D:p.