What's Involved

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Bill Boggs, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I have had a computer since 1989 when I got a used computer for which I had to learn Doss. It had a 20 meg hard driven and I was brobably smarter and more technally knowledgeable than anytime since. Now I own an iMac which is three or four years old, not the largest but the smaller. This morning I was happily listening to YouTube and playing my harmonica when the light went out on my computer. I think it's called the backlight. What I'm wondering now is what is involved in getting the back light back on so I can again use the computer. I am supposing it will have to be opened up. Has anyone had experience with backlight problems?

I am of course hoping some knowledgeable soul will tell me there's nothing to to it, just hit these three keys at the same time and presto, the back light will come back on. Otherwise I am for the time being going to be with out a computer. Appreciate any information anyone can pass on.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't personally have an answer for you, but it looks like there are some possible answers available online. Of course, it could be a hardware problem that will require fixes, which is what I thought it would be, from your description. But it seems that there are some other possibilities. Rather than my looking through them and trying to figure out which might fit your problem since you are more familiar with the problem you're having than I am, you might try doing a search on "backlight on iMac," minus the quotation marks, or you could just click the link. On Bing, I'm seeing some hopeful results. Google may give you good results too, but I haven't tried it on Google. I have a 2011 iMac but haven't had any troubles with it.

3. Bill Boggs

Registered

Okay, thanks. I'll have a look see.

4. Bill Boggs

Registered

Much obliged, Ken. Got it fixed.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered