When Shootings Occur In Maine

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

2. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

My! It sounds as if just one of the suspects being grazed was a very lucky thing considering how it may have turned out! Any reports on what started it all to begin with? Were the "bystanders" off-duty officers as often happens, or "regular" citizens?

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson

Great story, Ken! Armed presence when Police are only 15 minutes away.........

4. Ken Anderson

I don't have live television so I don't have any additional information. Had they been off-duty cops though, they would have surely reported that because Maine's newspapers hate to admit that there is ever an advantage to a civilian being armed. As it is, they put that part way down in the article. Maine recently changed its concealed carry laws to no longer require a permit, so we have a lot of armed civilians.

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

It sounds like a good person with a gun stops bad person with a gun. It sounds like drugs involved but thank goodness there was a good gun there.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Martin Alonzo

"thank goodness there was a good gun there."

Martin, to me, ALL guns are good guns, but the story contained a good gunhand!
    Frank

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

The press seems loathe to report about good guys (and gals) with guns stopping the escalation of violence. Often, I will see a news report of an incident without much explanation for how it was resolved, then later on Twitter or occasionally, Facebook, will see a much more in depth story explaining how someone with a concealed carry permit actually interceded and brought the situation under control. Sometimes they do happen to be police officers, but that is usually reported officially, since it goes along with the mainstream agenda of only having guns in the hands of 'government' officials, rather than ordinary citizens.

8. Ken Anderson

These are the signs that should be posted on our schools rather than the ones that announce that everyone in the building is defenseless.

school-shootings.jpg

9. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Ken Anderson Agreed! Unfortunately, the P.C. mentality has seeped into too many minds, or perhaps mindless minds, that such thinking is abhorred. I never expected this before in all my life.
    Frank