When You See Heaven

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Shirley Martin, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ho ho ! :p

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

The church and my mother did a job on me. So it took a lot of years to toss away all those tapes and beliefs that were instilled in me. When my dad was dying at 95, he finally said to me "I never believed"...he could have never "came out" all his life. Too bad as we never had anything to talk about.

This topic reminds me of a close neighbor who is forever condeming me to burn unless I accept J.C., we can go for months and not talk, as I've told her to "get off". She went thru a lot of injustice at the hands of her methodist minister father, and then went to the born again world. Very sad actually. I feel a sadness for her...but she's in control of her.

It's all here, heaven and hail as far I'm concerned.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

From reading accounts of near death experiences, it seems like "heaven" is different for every person. There are a few accounts of people who experience "hell" as well, but those people don't talk about it much. Some talk of the near death experience as a biological "shutdown", but if that were true, I think all experiences would be similar but they are not.

4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I have thought about this. It seems it would be difficult to communicate with people as a group. Would you "see" others as they were the last time you saw them before they, or you, died?

For example, to keep it simple, just consider your relatives:

I had different relatives who would remember my grandmother, variously, only as she was as... a child, a teenager, an adult, a grandmother, etc, depending upon when *they* died.

If they all got together as a group some would be complete strangers because they never lived during the same time period, although they all had connections.

I think that pretty much rules out anything like communication as we know it while alive.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree, Nancy. Besides that Bible verse that says a person will receive a "new body" or something like that. (I don't even pretend to know a lot about the Bible.)

My mother was Mormon, and their belief is that you will know people when you get to heaven. My father was not Mormon, and his take on it was this: you get to heaven and see that your mother, brother, or other loved one is not there. Are you in heaven? (Dad was always in some kind of theological dispute with his brothers-in-law. :D)

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe you are there but they didn't make it!:eek: :rolleyes::D

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno.
    I have my own belief regarding heaven but it doesn’t have anything to do with things of earthly material value: e.g. Gold streets, gates with large pearls, mansions etc.
    We understand so little as it is, so using material values on what heaven is supposed to be like would be the simplest way to describe something which in all probability is vastly more beautiful than anything we have ever experienced. All of us have seen things that no matter how well one is versed with a compilation of adjectives, it just cannot be described verbally to another human being. To me, the description of heaven is probably based on the same thing.

Now, do I think that we will be able to recognize and know our relatives and friends? Sure. Since I do not believe that we will have a body that can be torn or broken I would assume that it means that we shall be in a “spirit” type form. And since I truly believe that the mind and brain are separate but yet joined while we are here on this planet, when we are separated from this vehicle I think that it will be a simple matter of calling out to find our friends and family for I do deem the mind to be somewhat of a spirit in itself.

My “thoughts” on the subject are much more complicated than what I described above but it’s about as easy as I can explain it.
    I guess that as long as I am in the “Book of Life” I’ll find out when the time comes and that time is getting closer as each day passes.

Bess Barber and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

That's what I said. :D

9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

If only perfect people go to heaven, it's going to be kind empty with only God, Jesus and me. :):D

10. Ann Leonard

Ann Leonard Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

When I was young, my vision of Heaven was a huge outdoor area of clouds, and trees, sunshine, and happiness. A childs view I suppose. Today, I see heaven more like earth, reborn and perfect.

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If Heaven is God's home and He created such a beautiful earthly home for all of us...I think heaven will be even more beautiful than any beauty we have seen on earth. Also I personally can't wait to see that "mansion" Jesus built for me...since He knows me so perfectly I just know it's going to have a wrap around porch and a fishing pond just a few steps from my front porch.

And it will be nice to know there will be no more political stuff going on....or wars or sickness...and no more death.

And I believe we definitely will know our loved ones and friends who have gone there before us.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  12. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

If heaven is God's home? Hmmm that leaves room for doubt. Shouldn't be any doubt because John 14:1-3 explains what to expect.

Many rooms implies friends and family would be rejoined. If that is true then those millions like the ones in these videos would be together.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be singing Kris Kristofferson's song

"Why Me"

Why me Lord what have I ever done
    To deserve even one of the pleasures I've known
    Tell me, Lord, what did I ever do
    That was worth lovin' you or the kindness you've shown

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

No doubt in my mind that heaven is God's home Bob...

14. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

Then why start with if.

And why the suffering by those created by God ?

Psalm 103:8
    The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.

Ephesians 2:4
    But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,

Romans 6:23
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

But once angered obviously for large segments of people in our world & especially Africans Psalm 103:8, Ephesians 2:4 merciful doesn't exist.

I'm having a really tough time trying to grasp what sin the child pictured in the 1st. video committed. Or how that child & others suffering the same fate would confess sins. What do you think happens?

To each their own on what they believe the bible teaches. I question what I believe are inconsistencies.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  15. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I respect everyone's choice in whether they believe in God or not, As for me, I believe. Not a just a little bit or barely clinging onto some religious tag, but I believe in a great big beautiful way. I look forward to heaven, I won't be bored. I'll have lots of things to learn and do. Forever doesn't throw me off because the concept of time is only within our own minds.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.