When You See Heaven

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Shirley Martin, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson -- I'd like to mention that it appears this thread has been merged with at least one other and sometimes this is confusing. It's hard to know what the original topic of a thread was when it is merged, so some answers don't seem to apply when they actually DO.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that it has been merged, but both threads were asking an opinion about what the person expected heaven to be like, or about heaven and hell; and the responses that Ken is referring to have NOTHING to do with how a person visualizes either heaven or hell, and simply are derailed into talking about people who believe in God , and whether there is a God or not, and also criticizing people who do have a religious faith of some kind.

When Ken or myself finds a post that is off-topic (in any kind of thread) we can often remove the off-topic post when we find it soon enough.
    If we don’t happen to see it before it has answers that draw the whole thread off-topic, and some posts are on topic and some aren’t, then it is almost impossible to remove the off-topic posts with out making the whole thread confusing.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith -- I appreciate the response, but I believe Shirley's OP from 2017 was asking what we think heaven will be like, and Lon's merged thread was asking if we believe in the existence of heaven and hell. The topics are similar but not the same.

Perhaps these type threads should have a disclaimer: Non-Believers Need Not Respond.

Bobby Cole and Shirley Martin like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The original topic is the first post in the thread, which would be the earlier thread, when two threads are merged. If the threads were indeed different, then they shouldn't have been merged. The point remains the same, however, given that the first off-topic posts that I have been commenting on appear prior to any posts by Lon, which means that they were posted prior to any other thread that may have later been merged with this one.

The topic of this thread is what heaven or hell might be like.

Non-believers are welcome to reply as long as they don't disrupt. Your own posts have not been disruptive, as far as I can see. You point out that you don't believe in heaven but then, in another post, you go on to discuss what heaven might be like.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Bobby Cole likes this.